Wheeling 101 Book

MrJ3sser

Here I am. Wheeling über noob. Is there a good book out there that would answer all of my newbie questions? I realize that that I could google any question I have, but it's the questions that I don't know to ask that bothers me. It would also spare me from nagging the forum members here. All help is greatly appreciated as always. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here I am. Wheeling über noob. Is there a good book out there that would answer all of my newbie questions? I realize that that I could google any question I have, but it's the questions that I don't know to ask that bothers me. It would also spare me from nagging the forum members here. All help is greatly appreciated as always. :yup:

There are a lot of books out there. Many area specific that have tips at the beginning. Being in Colorado I'm sure there are a bunch of groups or forum members from here that you could meet up with.

But you can post them here without fear of being ridiculed. There are probably others that want to ask the same stuff or at least would appreciate reading the answers. :thumb:

MrJ3sser

There are a lot of books out there. Many area specific that have tips at the beginning. Being in Colorado I'm sure there are a bunch of groups or forum members from here that you could meet up with.

But you can post them here without fear of being ridiculed. There are probably others that want to ask the same stuff or at least would appreciate reading the answers. :thumb:

I don't mind asking questions on here. The people on this forum are more than helpful! :thumb: I just have a very studious nature and would love to have a hard copy lying around that I can refer back to. :)

jkrossi

I have book at home it has a bunch of tips I will send you the title of the book when I get home from work

MrJ3sser

Go out beat on your rig. If you break or get stuck you will learn from your mistake. No need for a book. ;)

I have already learned a lot from my mistakes in life. I have learned to not learn by mistakes. I'm trying to think ahead for once. :yup:

davantalus

I'm in a similar situation and hoping to buy some books that fit my needs...

Personally I understand that I don't understand the intricacies of reading rocks and soil or the best way to slide across a sharp rock on the correct skidplate... and this is after ~100 weekends, sitting passenger, exploring the desert.

I suspect lots of the folks on wayalife grew up watching and being around wheelers (OverlanderJK, tell me otherwise? ;) ) Either way, there's a certain amount of osmosis learning going on watching others on the trail.

Being lucky enough to learn a lot from watching someone experienced my advice is the best thing you could do is find a mentor or club to help you (not) break your Jeep. (And read lots of books I hope!)

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here is one I got for Christmas.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363830414.349367.jpg

15 pages of tips

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363830456.190196.jpg

I don't know what's in that 15 pages but I've seen this books for a lot of areas.

MrJ3sser

I was planning on getting a trail book as well. Maybe I'll hit up a book store and see what I can find. I was hoping someone could give a good recommendation though. :D

Top Bottom