VIDEO : SEMA 2019 - DAY 4 / AFE / Rancho / Tuffy / Synergy & MORE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Our final day at the 2019 SEMA Show was a busy one for us as we tried to get in as many manufacturers as we could before everything came to an end. To kick off our day, we ran over to Central Hall, the main hall or what I like to refer to as the epicenter of the show and to meet up with aFe Power who wanted to show us their new coilovers, bypass shocks, air intake system, exhaust systems and even a cool new grill insert that comes complete with off-road lights. From there, we cross the hall and made a quick stop over at S&B to see if they did anything new with the particle separator they showed off last year and then headed over to our good friends at Rancho to see what they had on display for the Gladiator truck. After paying a quick visit over at Tekton tools, we made our way back in to the Off-Road Hall and hooked up with Tuffy Security to see the storage box and bed cover they got a couple awards for and then wrapped up our day at Synergy where we got a close up look at their awesome 2-door JL Wrangler with long arm kit installed. Whew! We hope you enjoy :)

BUY TEKTON TOOLS: https://www.tekton.com/?rfsn=2761335.c8d702

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed our videos, Cindy and I would love it if you'd please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel! Of course, doing so will always keep you up to date with all our newest releases. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

20191108201305-0b2f6fbc-me.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Lol.

Eddie: "Is this legal in California?"

AFE: "No, it's legal in 49 states."

Fucking California never wants to play ball :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol.

Eddie: "Is this legal in California?"

AFE: "No, it's legal in 49 states."

Fucking California never wants to play ball :cheesy:

LOL - okay, so it was a loaded question.
So glad I no longer live in that fricken state. :rock:

WJCO

Meme King
That Tekton warranty is amazing too. Doesn't matter if you're the original purchaser or not, no proof of purchase required, etc. Sounds like they stand behind their products.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That Tekton warranty is amazing too. Doesn't matter if you're the original purchaser or not, no proof of purchase required, etc. Sounds like they stand behind their products.

Yeah, talked to them for a bit and they're pretty damn confident in their tools. They stand behind them more than Craftsman these days. For the warranty alone, I'll continue to buy their stuff.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Another year of amazing coverage, videos, perspectives and, valued, opinions of all things Jeep related. You both are great. Thank you for all the effort and passion that you bring to us. There simply isn't enough positive to be said about the quality of everything you both do.
I look forward to the next installment of Wayalife.

J&K4ADV

Thank you for the great coverage! I have been watching a lot of your videos and I have learned a ton. Thank you both. Hope you had fun at the show.

Lannister

Some two door love.... yeah

Thanks for the coverage. I am still on the fence on the JT, but it was interesting to see how the industry as a whole seems to have moved fast with aftermarket offers. For the record, you finished with a two door....

Q-Ball

Very informative, hoping to retire soon and leave California. My piggy bank isn't going to survive Eddie's SEMA coverage

Brute

Hooked
I'm glad you and Cindy survived another SEMA...always thankful for the vast aftermarket think pool to address quirks and shortcomings at the oem manufacturing level (with price point and gov't restrictions etc) with innovative solutions and outside the box thinking to keep our market section engaged as consumers...I suspect a neat bourbon libation may be in order (several, in fact)...

smmiliotti

Great coverage of SEMA! I was just looking at Tekton website today because of you. Now I see this video with them in it. I think I am going to have to try them out the next time I need a tool or replace a tool. I have mostly all Craftsman right now and there customer service is going down hill and its harder to find places to deal with them now.

bouche03

Yeah, talked to them for a bit and they're pretty damn confident in their tools. They stand behind them more than Craftsman these days. For the warranty alone, I'll continue to buy their stuff.

Darn rights-I torched my Craftsman digital torque wrench and when I went to take it back, sadly realized it only had a 90 day warranty! :mad:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Man that guys voice from AFE. I thought he was reading from a script.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f8NrdlckO_E

Tekton continues to impress me. And their warranty is super easy to use.

Does ranch have any plans for make the JL mirrors work with those tube doors? I’m not a tube door guy but not a fan of the JK mirrors.

Maybe I missed it but is tuffy planning to make a tonneau that works without their boxes?

Good stuff from Sunergy. I like the half doors.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Another year of amazing coverage, videos, perspectives and, valued, opinions of all things Jeep related. You both are great. Thank you for all the effort and passion that you bring to us. There simply isn't enough positive to be said about the quality of everything you both do.

Nailed it!
Thanks for continuing to take us all along for the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
thanks for another year of great coverage! :clap2:

I like what Synergy has in the works, think i'll wait out the JL build and let some new products get to market.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Another great year of coverage! Thanks for taking us along.

I’m glad you had the guys from Tekton on. It’s great to see how well they stand behind their products. Same thing with synergy, it looks like they enjoyed test phase of their development!!

Thanks again!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

We're truly flattered you would say as much and really do appreciate it. :cool:

Great coverage you two! Lots of cool stuff.

Thank you :)

Thank you for the great coverage! I have been watching a lot of your videos and I have learned a ton. Thank you both. Hope you had fun at the show.

Awesome! So glad you enjoyed our coverage :)

Thanks for the coverage. I am still on the fence on the JT, but it was interesting to see how the industry as a whole seems to have moved fast with aftermarket offers. For the record, you finished with a two door....

Oh yeah, gotta give the 2-doors some love. At least, when we can find one. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very informative, hoping to retire soon and leave California. My piggy bank isn't going to survive Eddie's SEMA coverage

:cheesy: Too funny but yes, you need to get out of that god forsaken state. :thumb:

I'm glad you and Cindy survived another SEMA...always thankful for the vast aftermarket think pool to address quirks and shortcomings at the oem manufacturing level (with price point and gov't restrictions etc) with innovative solutions and outside the box thinking to keep our market section engaged as consumers...I suspect a neat bourbon libation may be in order (several, in fact)...

LOL - a bit of sleep was in order first but yes :D :crazyeyes:

Great coverage of SEMA! I was just looking at Tekton website today because of you. Now I see this video with them in it. I think I am going to have to try them out the next time I need a tool or replace a tool. I have mostly all Craftsman right now and there customer service is going down hill and its harder to find places to deal with them now.

Started buying Tekton a few years back and mainly for trail tools that were a step up from Harbor Freight. I have since found myself turning more and more to them and now use them in my garage as well. If anything, I've been finding them to be on par with my old Craftsman and really, their warranty is BETTER than new Craftsman. If you do feel the need to buy new tools, I'd be grateful if you'd consider doing it through this website. Doesn't cost anything more and we do get a small kickback. Thanks!

Darn rights-I torched my Craftsman digital torque wrench and when I went to take it back, sadly realized it only had a 90 day warranty! :mad:

Honestly, that's what got me looking at Tekton. Same thing happened to me with my Craftsman torque wrench.

Man that guys voice from AFE. I thought he was reading from a script.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f8NrdlckO_E

Tekton continues to impress me. And their warranty is super easy to use.

Does ranch have any plans for make the JL mirrors work with those tube doors? I’m not a tube door guy but not a fan of the JK mirrors.

Maybe I missed it but is tuffy planning to make a tonneau that works without their boxes?

Good stuff from Sunergy. I like the half doors.

LOL - it did to me as well. I was hoping to talk to a different guy but apparently, we got to their booth a bit early.

I'm with you regarding Tekton. Their warranty alone will keep me buying their tools from here on out. Affordable and so far, they've been working!

Not 100% sure about Tuffy. I'm sure if it were up to Eric, the guy who used to own it before being bought out by Bestop, it would have been done already. I talked to him for a bit and unfortunately, he has a lesser roll there now.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
The JT was the big news of course. I'm impressed how quickly truly innovative products have reached the marketplace or are about to be retailed. Most interesting to me are the bolt on suspension systems requiring cutting and grinding only. They're probably not "hard core", but they're close enough for me. Excellent coverage this year.

Top Bottom