TrekTop NX for JK Unlimited

aaronstephen

Anyone have one of these and could maybe answer a few questions for me? I see that the new model can easily flip back into a sunrider. As well as removing the back windows and rear window turns it into a bikini top.

Can you flip the entire top back like the OEM model and easily have the entire top removed?

What's your review on this top? How does it compare to the OEM version as far as quality?

Thank you for your help.

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

Prime8

Anyone have one of these and could maybe answer a few questions for me? I see that the new model can easily flip back into a sunrider. As well as removing the back windows and rear window turns it into a bikini top.

Can you flip the entire top back like the OEM model and easily have the entire top removed?

What's your review on this top? How does it compare to the OEM version as far as quality?

Thank you for your help.

- aaron

No. Only the front seat region flips back. Never had the OEM soft top. Went with the Trektop NX because it was less than half the price of OEM. Can't compare quality, but I love my Trektop!

07-jk

Ther TrekTop NX is great. I replaced my factory soft top on my 07 JKU with it. Factory top is bulky and a hassle to deal with. The NX sits on the roll bars so its a little lower profile. the NX is a lot more quiet then the factory soft top. It can not be folded back like the factory but it can be completly removed in the same amount of time. Plus i love the slant back look!:yup:

aaronstephen

Ther TrekTop NX is great. I replaced my factory soft top on my 07 JKU with it. Factory top is bulky and a hassle to deal with. The NX sits on the roll bars so its a little lower profile. the NX is a lot more quiet then the factory soft top. It can not be folded back like the factory but it can be completly removed in the same amount of time. Plus i love the slant back look!:yup:

That was my other question, how easy is it to remove it? Thanks for the info. Looks like ill be ordering my new top soon.

- aaron

StrizzyChris

That was my other question, how easy is it to remove it? Thanks for the info. Looks like ill be ordering my new top soon.

- aaron

A couple sites have deals on them from time to time...but Amazon is always within $20 of those deals. Might want to look there to compare pricing. Enjoy the new top! :thumb:

OH and let it sit out in the sun on a hot day for a couple hours before the install or else youll hate life :yup:

Rock-itman

A couple sites have deals on them from time to time...but Amazon is always within $20 of those deals. Might want to look there to compare pricing. Enjoy the new top! :thumb:

OH and let it sit out in the sun on a hot day for a couple hours before the install or else youll hate life :yup:

x2 ! I tried w/out lettin it see sun :doh:

Manvan

Just a couple of things about the nx. If you remove the center bar that attaches to the sound bar, you can open up an area over the back seat also. Make sure you get the lip that goes in the door surrounds seated in good. Take and through the tailgate bar away and get an oem soft top 3pc tailgate bar instead. Note that the header bar bangs around a lot when the top is back and the road is bumpy. Lastly, when reinstalling the back window, I don't remember the order but l-r or r-l one way makes it easier to get the window zippers started.

flotto

the new trektop nx has a 3 piece tailgate bar now. I just got mine in February so that's not an issue any more.

Top Bottom