Still Unsure

JKandy

Hi i have read all through the tech answer to suspension lift questions and still a bit unsure on the best way to add a suspension lift. My Jeep is 2012 3.6L RHD unlimited non rubicon, i would like to go 3inch lift with 35s tyres! i a bit worried about all the gear ratio changing and drive shaft talk. can someone give me the nessesaties on doing a nice 3inch lift thats reliable and also recommend a rear diff lock, im pretty sure i have a DANA30 front and a DANA44 rear Thanks heaps for any info guys.

You guys have your shit sorted on JEEPS in the US....Thanks for the inspiration!!

Philip *AZ*

Banned
What I like to do is go to Quadratec. They have almost everything you could possibly want for a Jeep. I pick what Im interested in and search for the best prices I can find. There are so many lift options out there. Im not a fan of Teraflex, but its a personal choice. Rock Krawler's 2.5" & 3.5" are fantastic, EVO has the new Enforcer kit too, If I didnt already have my RK 3.5" I would have gone with the Enforcer. Most lifts recommend a new front drive shaft. I did both at once. It was unnecessary to do the rear, but it was my choice. There are lots of 2.5" budget boost kits as well, most of these will allow you to run a 35" tire. If I was going to do it all over again. I would have got a 2.5" BB w/ 33's. its a cost effective choice, gives more off road ability and looks good. I would have been able to save a bit longer for a really nice lift and tires/wheels. But in the end I am happy with my current setup. Do give the Enforcer a look though, its pretty bad ass!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi i have read all through the tech answer to suspension lift questions and still a bit unsure on the best way to add a suspension lift. My Jeep is 2012 3.6L RHD unlimited non rubicon, i would like to go 3inch lift with 35s tyres! i a bit worried about all the gear ratio changing and drive shaft talk. can someone give me the nessesaties on doing a nice 3inch lift thats reliable and also recommend a rear diff lock, im pretty sure i have a DANA30 front and a DANA44 rear Thanks heaps for any info guys.

You guys have your shit sorted on JEEPS in the US....Thanks for the inspiration!!

To do 3" on a 2013 Unlimited right, I would recommend the bare minimum:

• 3" lift coils
• Longer shocks
• Draglink flip/front track bar relocation bracket OR an adjustable front track bar
• Front lower adjustable control arms
• Rear track bar relocation bracket
• Longer rear brake lines
• New rear sway bar links
• Front sway bar disconnects made for 3"+
• New front 1310 drive shaft
• AEV ProCal

Assuming you have 3.73 gears installed on your Jeep, you shouldn't need to regear but you will need to calibrate your speedometer. If you have 3.21's, regearing will help but, with just 35's, I think you will still find your 3.6L to be acceptable. Any kit you get should have the aboved mentioned. If budget is a concern, you might want to look into a 2.5" spacer lift as you can get away with a lot less.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
To do 3" on a 2013 Unlimited right, I would recommend the bare minimum:

While you are on the subject, didn't mean to hijack your post.

But, How about 2.5" will this cover it. :idontknow:

• 2.5" lift coils or spacers. BB
• Longer shocks
• adjustable front track bar
• Front sway bar disconnects made for 2"+
• AEV ProCal

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While you are on the subject, didn't mean to hijack your post.

But, How about 2.5" will this cover it. :idontknow:

• 2.5" lift coils or spacers. BB
• Longer shocks
• adjustable front track bar
• Front sway bar disconnects made for 2"+
• AEV ProCal

Not all 2.5" coils will give you 2.5" of lift. Most will give you more like 3". So long as you make sure to get short enough shocks to go with them, you will not have a problem on a 2012-up. Also, with just 2.5" of lift, you don't really need longer rear brake lines as you can get away with extension brackets.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Not all 2.5" coils will give you 2.5" of lift. Most will give you more like 3". So long as you make sure to get short enough shocks to go with them, you will not have a problem on a 2012-up. Also, with just 2.5" of lift, you don't really need longer rear brake lines as you can get away with extension brackets.

Ok awesome thank you.

One more ?= If I get new shocks should I get one's that are made for 2" lift or should I keep stock size shock and add extensions for them. I have the exhaust extension also.

JKandy

Thanks heaps for all the advice, we currently running 2 inch lift springs and shocks with 33s but taking on a few more trails so just wanted a little extra. Thanks again

Top Bottom