Warranty voiding

Donttread

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with aftermarket warrantys. I have one for my 08 jk and its through warranty solutions. Getting ready to put my BB system on this weekend but curious if its going to void my warranty. Any thoughts?

-Molon labe-

You will have to read your warranty very careful. I have a 11 JK with the life time Chrysler warranty. With it what ever is installed by the dealer is covered uner the warranty. I went to my service manager and asked him about what lift they put on their JK's and went with it. If it is covered unerder the new vehicle warranty it will be covered under mine. Just my experience.

Will

JethroJK

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with aftermarket warrantys. I have one for my 08 jk and its through warranty solutions. Getting ready to put my BB system on this weekend but curious if its going to void my warranty. Any thoughts?

-Molon labe-

Normally a system you modify (say your suspension) is no longer covered by your warranty. Any system not affected by that modification is still covered.

I would first read your factory warranty booklet, going by what people say at the dealer is dangerous because they will tell you anything to get a sell. On page 14 of my 2012 JKUR warranty booklet it states that "Performance or racing parts are considered to be non-Chrysler parts. Repairs or adjustments caused by their use are not covered under your warranties." The only exception is installing genuine Chrysler/Mopar accessories by the dealership not you. These lifts that the dealer installs are not genuine accessories, they just have a Mopar backing and are allowed to be sold by Mopar, be very careful. As far as your aftermarket warranty, you need to read the fine print. I bet it says something similar to the factory booklet.

You will have to read your warranty very careful. I have a 11 JK with the life time Chrysler warranty. With it what ever is installed by the dealer is covered uner the warranty. I went to my service manager and asked him about what lift they put on their JK's and went with it. If it is covered unerder the new vehicle warranty it will be covered under mine. Just my experience.

Will

I would like to see in writing where that aftermarket lift installed by the dealer is covered under your warranty, I find it very interesting that they tell you it is covered but do you have this in writing? When I bought my 2012 JKUR about a year ago I investigated these dealer installed lifts. The dealership verbally informed me it would be covered but after much pursuit, they could never show me in writing that it is covered and when confronted with what it says in the warranty booklet, they basically avoided me on it from that point forward. When I bought my wife's Jeep I questioned aftermarket products with the finance manager who sells you the extended warranties, etc. She admitted that aftermarket lifts would void the suspension system of any warranty but pushed the sell based on electronics and computers and how the warranty still supports those systems.

HoosierWolf

"aftermarket lift installed by the dealer is covered under your warranty"

I was told by a dealership last week that it was not covered by the warranty however it wouldn't necessarily void other parts of the Jeep. They did say that they install Pro Comp and Pro Comp warrants their parts.

Donttread

I dropped it off because of a tranny and oil leak. The service employee threw the disclaimer out there about my jeep being modified already. I have 285's on stock wheels and currently the stock springs and shocks are on it. I had work done on the jeep at a different dealership already where they replaced a bunch of steering parts trying to find te cause of my death wobble. No questions asked about modifications there. I just have a feeling these guys are going to try and shaft me

-Molon labe-

JethroJK

I dropped it off because of a tranny and oil leak. The service employee threw the disclaimer out there about my jeep being modified already. I have 285's on stock wheels and currently the stock springs and shocks are on it. I had work done on the jeep at a different dealership already where they replaced a bunch of steering parts trying to find te cause of my death wobble. No questions asked about modifications there. I just have a feeling these guys are going to try and shaft me

-Molon labe-

As you are experiencing, it is normally which dealership you are working with. Some will turn the proverbial "blind eye" and some will not. Bottom line is aftermarket lifts or any aftermarket part no matter who installs them are not warrantied under the manufacture warranty and can void the manufacturers warranty if they find it was the cause of the damage. This is not to be confused with the warranty on the aftermarket parts.

Donttread

Both leaks are minor. I picked up my jeep before they could get to it. I'm going to take it to a smaller shop that surely needs the work and isn't against light mods like they were. I did it to try and avoid my vehicle being flagged in the warranty company's system as modified

-Molon labe-

Rivertoys

I have a Chrysler lifetime warrentee. With a Chrysler warrentee you are supposed to document aftermarket modifications. BUT it does NOT void your warranty. Only reason you wouldn’t get warranty coverage is if the modification caused a failure that would have been covered by warranty and then, usually, the only part of your warranty that would be voided would be systems affected by mod’s. Not entire warranty.

Firespyer

This is my fear also, my dealer sales group is great but there service department are a bunch of pricks.
:idontknow: Why do I always get talked into the extended warranty :idontknow:

1yellowjk

I have found that it's nearly always the dealership and their service Dept. I bent my front sway bar with a Dukes of Hazzard style rock jump and they put a new one on with no problems. I guess it helps that that dealership supports or local Jeep club. :)

Donttread

What I'm planning on probably doing is taking the jeep to a "local" dealership thats about 2 hours from me. The co-founder of the group I run works there and they're supporting us as well. It's just a long trip for me or I would've taken it there in the first place. The whole thing doesn't make sense to me from a service reps point of view. They're turning away money basically by shunning my jeep because I'm definitely not going to pay out of pocket for something this minor and that i've not caused.

Top Bottom