35" Firestone Destination M/t

jeepgreenjon

Hey everyone! I tried searching some threads on what people think of the 35" destination m/t tire, Just wondering if anyone has any pictures or thoughts on this tire! Even links to other threads on this tire would be appreciated, thanks guys (and gals)! :thumb:

Holeshot

Banned
My bro has some on his jk, they're 33's. 10 plies, and man they're stiff has hell. The ride is horrible. Maybe they would be better in 8 plies

jeepgreenjon

My bro has some on his jk, they're 33's. 10 plies, and man they're stiff has hell. The ride is horrible. Maybe they would be better in 8 plies
Thats good to know, Im considering buying them, its a toss up between them and the kumho road venture m/t's

jbaskin28

Looking on tire rack, I didn't see a 35" option, but for the 315/70/17 option, at 289$ per tire, I would save a bit more for a different tire. I got my 35" general grabbers price matched to 303$ by 4wheelparts.

Just my 2 cents. I'm new to the tire game, but I do know the quality of Firestone tires (my dad has worked for them for over 30 years).

Hope this helps!

jeepgreenjon

Looking on tire rack, I didn't see a 35" option, but for the 315/70/17 option, at 289$ per tire, I would save a bit more for a different tire. I got my 35" general grabbers price matched to 303$ by 4wheelparts.

Just my 2 cents. I'm new to the tire game, but I do know the quality of Firestone tires (my dad has worked for them for over 30 years).

Hope this helps!

Ya Im looking at a 315/75r16... ive owned km2's on my previous Jeep and liked them (except on wet pavement) and to tell you the truth my selection of affordable tires without paying huge brokerage fees getting them across the border are fairly limited.

Holeshot

Banned
Ya Im looking at a 315/75r16... ive owned km2's on my previous Jeep and liked them (except on wet pavement) and to tell you the truth my selection of affordable tires without paying huge brokerage fees getting them across the border are fairly limited.

Depending on where you are in canada, I would suggest you the duratracs from goodyear, I've ran them for almost a year now, and I love them.

Glissoar

Bumping an old thread but I'm running 285/75/16 firestone destination m/t and I love them, only had them a few weeks but traction in dirt/mud is awesome! Sand is a little so so unless you air down slightly more than normally suggested but overall bang for the buck is pretty darn good! I would recommend them

jeepgreenjon

Thanks for the replys, I thought maybe its time for me to give a little update as well!

So I finally gave the shop the go ahead to get me my 35" firestone Destination m/ts, I got a call back shortly after saying the tire is on back order and they dont know when it will be available. After going home and checking my options again as well as my bank account, I decided on the Kumho road venture mt 35" tire for my new 16" rims. The shop called me a week later to inform me they had finally came in, when I went to pick them up low and behold there was a set of 35x12.5r16 Kumho road venture A/T's sitting there. Needless to say I was pissed, I had wanted the m/t's, however after looking at the new a/ts sitting there and even test fitting one on the Jeep I decided to give them a try. I must say they have been on a few weeks and I am nothing but impressed! They are extremely quite, handle amazing and can go through anything I have thrown at them! On the rocks may be there weak spot but haven't had any issues yet! From the side they dont look too aggressive (which sucks) but when people look at the tread and the lugs on them they think they are a mud tire. I never thought I would say this but I love the new Kumho Road Venture a/t's!

Last edited:

DJKU09

I just got the FIRESTONE DESTINATION M/T in 315/70R17 on my jk and they are not that bad. I have yet to air down and hit the trails but on the street they are really not bad for a M/T. Ill let you guys know how they handle on Sunday fun day. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373159650.392637.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373159767.921847.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373159796.455312.jpg

Lil Nasty

We've run these tires on our farm trucks (GM 1500's). For those trucks on pavement, gravel, dirt and mud they have been excellent. As mentioned they tend to be stiff, so I wouldn't know how well they'd be on the jeeps.

DJKU09

Thanks. I have yet to air down. I think me and my lady might do a little trail tomorrow. Ill post pics and see how they ride aired down.

DJKU09

So I went on the other day and aired down finually and these tires did awesome. All thought I have noticed that they are heavier then what I had before" MICKEY TOMPSONS BAJA 35'S". Needless to say I'm happy with these tires. Also did good in the mud, and rocks. From a scale from 1-5 I give them about a 3 1/3 .

jeepgreenjon

So I went on the other day and aired down finually and these tires did awesome. All thought I have noticed that they are heavier then what I had before" MICKEY TOMPSONS BAJA 35'S". Needless to say I'm happy with these tires. Also did good in the mud, and rocks. From a scale from 1-5 I give them about a 3 1/3 .

Thank you for the update! I will likely be trying these for my next set

Top Bottom