Engine code P0456 and C2101

Tatrhed

I had a few electrical issues the forum helped me get fixed that I don't think are related but it is here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/58920-Help-with-Electrical-gremlins

I recently battery and it ran fine for a few weeks. Now I have a C2101 (high battery voltage) and P0456 (small EVAP system leak) codes. I don't know if the two are related or not. The only thing out of ordinary is when I fill up for gas. If I let the pump click off automatically it will always overflow a bit. It doesn't matter if I hold it full flow or half flow. Me holding or set on the "auto off" for the nozzle full or half. It always overflows If I don't listen and watch the tank. Its not a ton, but enough I have to get towels to clean it up.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I had a few electrical issues the forum helped me get fixed that I don't think are related but it is here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/58920-Help-with-Electrical-gremlins

I recently battery and it ran fine for a few weeks. Now I have a C2101 (high battery voltage) and P0456 (small EVAP system leak) codes. I don't know if the two are related or not. The only thing out of ordinary is when I fill up for gas. If I let the pump click off automatically it will always overflow a bit. It doesn't matter if I hold it full flow or half flow. Me holding or set on the "auto off" for the nozzle full or half. It always overflows If I don't listen and watch the tank. Its not a ton, but enough I have to get towels to clean it up.

There’s actually a technical service bulletin for the fuel burping problem. The dealer fixed mine on my 2008 at no cost. They replaced the check valve assembly on the fuel filler tube. Not sure hat all years it includes though because JKBrick tried to get his daughters 2012 fixed and the dealer told him it wasn’t included. They should be able to tell you if yours is included by your VIN number.

That last line was for you Overlander[emoji16]

Tatrhed

There’s actually a technical service bulletin for the fuel burping problem. The dealer fixed mine on my 2008 at no cost. They replaced the check valve assembly on the fuel filler tube. Not sure hat all years it includes though because JKBrick tried to get his daughters 2012 fixed and the dealer told him it wasn’t included. They should be able to tell you if yours is included by your VIN number.

I’ll look into that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grab a multimeter and measure voltage across battery terminals both off and running. A failed voltage regulator rectifier on an alternator can cause high voltage. If it’s normal clear the code and see if it comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Tatrhed

According to the dealership, all recalls have been done already.

Tatrhed

Grab a multimeter and measure voltage across battery terminals both off and running. A failed voltage regulator rectifier on an alternator can cause high voltage. If it’s normal clear the code and see if it comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

With the vehicle off, I have 13.1v and on its 14.6 - 14.7. Seems a little high but still in range I found (online) of 13.7-14.7. if it bounces above a hair I guess that could be enough to set it off? What do you consider high for the alternator to be bad?

Top Bottom