RHR Radio Issues

ProtocolJK

Today on my way home, I went to change the radio station and my entire radio froze, none of the buttons worked and it even stopped playing music. when I shut my jeep off the display stayed on and I had to disconnect the negative cable. This isn't the first issue I've had with it, every now and then it freezes when I'm playing music from my Iphone or Ipod. Has anyone else had similar issues with this radio? Or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Dave_g

Does the whole think blank out?
Any Fuse's blow? burnt or fail?

Might be a short with in your stereo or electrical sources heading up that way.

ProtocolJK

I checked all the fuses but none were blown and I pulled the head unit out to make sure all the wires were tightly connected.

davantalus

If we pretend it's a computer, rather than a nice radio... then I say that sounds like a kernel panic.

Assuming that, I'd see if there were any firmware or software updates available. Possibly reinstall both if possible. If the behavior continues then maybe some internal component fried itself?

Does this only happen after its had a chance to warm up? Or after you do something specific?

ProtocolJK

It happens at anytime, it is random and sometimes it happens by itself and other times it happens when I go to do something.

I'm going to stop by the dealer on my way home and talk to them about newer software versions and if that doesn't help I'll have then replace it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
its happened to me before with the factory raido (still happens time to time). i give the radio a few fist bumps and it works again lol nothing a little beating doest fix

Top Bottom