Jku broken sector shaft

Randy Smith

I’m kinda stumped here. Busted steering box on 2010 jku up on trail. Got it home ( whole another story) replaced with the big bore psc steering box. But now the clock spring is all out of wack. Is there any way to get it timed back up?? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Take it off gently turn all the way one direction, and turn it all the way the other way counting how many turns. Then turn back half way.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
I gotta ask... what size tires are you running? This is one of my big fears.. and a big bore is next on my list.

Dpindustries

I too busted a sector shaft on a trip and slapped in a used box to keep moving. Is psc big bore worth it, or I see psc makes a stock shaft size box too right? Idk what I'm doing with this jeep anymore lol

Braxtonsag

From what Iv been told you’re better off just going hydro assist because it takes most of the load off of the stock steering system completely. Completely dependent on how you use your jeep that is.

desertrunner

From what Iv been told you’re better off just going hydro assist because it takes most of the load off of the stock steering system completely. Completely dependent on how you use your jeep that is.
The counter argument to that is now that's one more system that has fittings and extra places to fail. The big bore is a nice middle ground for the dudes on 37s to handle the stress of it without introducing more systems that can fail. That being said I wish I had hydro assist on mine turning the 37x13.5 isn't fun and the big bore wont really help turning effort just give you more confidence you won't snap something while turning. I've gone back and forth so many times on wanting to do hydro vs just a big bore on mine and have yet to make a decision

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
The counter argument to that is now that's one more system that has fittings and extra places to fail. The big bore is a nice middle ground for the dudes on 37s to handle the stress of it without introducing more systems that can fail. That being said I wish I had hydro assist on mine turning the 37x13.5 isn't fun and the big bore wont really help turning effort just give you more confidence you won't snap something while turning. I've gone back and forth so many times on wanting to do hydro vs just a big bore on mine and have yet to make a decision

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve run both setups on 37s. The Big bore will definitely give you a higher level of confidence. It also does help in sand and rocks. Unless you are completely bound up in the rocks and your spotter is telling you hard right and you can’t even turn the steering wheel. It doesn’t have the power to move the whole Jeep over like the Ram assist does. If you buy a big bore, buy it ported do you can add the ram in the future if you find you need it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Catfathers

Is it okay to run the big bore with the stock pump? I don’t want to reduce the chance of my stock box breaking but increase the chance the stock pump fails.

On the other hand to needlessly spend money that could have been better put elsewhere. The PSC pump and lines bring the kit price up quite a bit

Also, is the original Big Bore discontinued or ill advised to use? It’s a bit cheaper and I’ll for sure stay with 37s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torrin

Is it okay to run the big bore with the stock pump? I don’t want to reduce the chance of my stock box breaking but increase the chance the stock pump fails.

On the other hand to needlessly spend money that could have been better put elsewhere. The PSC pump and lines bring the kit price up quite a bit

Also, is the original Big Bore discontinued or ill advised to use? It’s a bit cheaper and I’ll for sure stay with 37s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You CAN run it with the stock pump, but I would just get the kit. If you run the stock pump, IIRC you need to replace the hose with a high pressure on. Running 37's you can get big bore without ports for the ram assist for cheaper, but if you plan to go to 40's,you might want to get the ports for the ram.

My JKU has 44's front and rear, so 37's it going to be it for me, I did not buy the ported box.

Ruvicon

I’ve run both setups on 37s. The Big bore will definitely give you a higher level of confidence. It also does help in sand and rocks. Unless you are completely bound up in the rocks and your spotter is telling you hard right and you can’t even turn the steering wheel. It doesn’t have the power to move the whole Jeep over like the Ram assist does. If you buy a big bore, buy it ported do you can add the ram in the future if you find you need it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

This advice is spot on. I can crawl with my Bigbore PSC and turn wheels easily.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom