Exhaust Spacers

aaronstephen

Just had a set of exhaust spacers installed on my JKU and i hear a rattle in my exhaust sometimes when I hit a rough road. Crawled underneath and looked around but no visual signs of where it's coming from.

I will crawl under again tomorrow and check all the bolts but any idea where it's coming from?

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They could be installed backwards or on the wrong side. If thats the case the exhaust might hit something else. Check and make sure everything was installed correctly.

Just out of curiosity why did you pay to have them installed?

aaronstephen

was gonna do it myself but I've been crazy busy with work and u had a friend who offered to help me out and install them. Who's a good mechanic and u trust him. It looks like it's rattling on the crossmember. I may add a washer or two to give it a tad more room.

- aaron

Rock-itman

was gonna do it myself but I've been crazy busy with work and u had a friend who offered to help me out and install them. Who's a good mechanic and u trust him. It looks like it's rattling on the crossmember. I may add a washer or two to give it a tad more room.

- aaron

Yes, Sometimes you need them larger . Iv had a few say they still hit w/ the larger lifts or if missaligned when installed. Plus the leak issue when they are not tightened properly. Have you seen the new set-up that RANCHO introduced into market ? Now a few diff companies are making just a hoop to go around the DS which is easy to weld on also . The same as how all AEV jeeps are done . Check out the RANCHO it's much cheaper than the AFE solution also !! Goodluck :rock:

aaronstephen

What is the exhaust spacer for?

Paratroopers stay up longer!

On the 2012-2013 models the front drive shaft will hit the exhaust at full droop after you install a lift. The spacers just move the exhaust back a bit to give your DS a little more room.

- aaron

Top Bottom