JKU Cab Covers?

anyone have experience with cab covers like these? thinking about purchasing one but there are so many and i'm not looking to spend a fortune on one, it would just be for emergency rain storms or work days when i don't drive my JKU and doors and top are off.
74917-lg.jpg
146568-lg.jpg
147893-lg.jpg

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I bought the Bestop Trail Cover from Morris 4x4 and have no complaints.......the cover fits well and takes less than 3 minutes to put it on.......Durable and well made.......I recommend this cover to anyone.

Cheers :beer:

Rock-itman

I picked up the RR one from quadratec it was around 60$ looks exactly like the one in the pic . Super easy to put on . (RR = Rugged ridge ) Just to be sure !!!

I picked up the RR one from quadratec it was around 60$ looks exactly like the one in the pic . Super easy to put on . (RR = Rugged ridge ) Just to be sure !!!

i was told the RR covers were weak materials and tear easy.... is that true with yours? and hows the fitment? does it flap in the wind or fit tight like the other pics show?

Rock-itman

i was told the RR covers were weak materials and tear easy.... is that true with yours? and hows the fitment? does it flap in the wind or fit tight like the other pics show?

This cover is more for the emergency type cover . You install pulled over !! Not sure id drive to far w/ this one i have . The mat isnt to bad repels as stated never had rain get in . Im not sure many of theese quick covers are good to drive at all , at least maybe you could at a low speed .

This cover is more for the emergency type cover . You install pulled over !! Not sure id drive to far w/ this one i have . The mat isnt to bad repels as stated never had rain get in . Im not sure many of theese quick covers are good to drive at all , at least maybe you could at a low speed .

haha i meant in heavy winds while its parked in like a wind storm or heavy rain...lol:cheesy: is the cover a tight fit, cause in the pick on quadratec it looks loose

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Im sorry, I dont mean to hack your thread, but I didnt want to open a new thread for a quick question and its kind of in the same category. So... Im looking at getting a new top. I am just looking at a "Replace a Top". My current hardware is still in decent condition. I see the tops that are a "Black Diamond", Isnt that the same material as the factory top? Im trying not to spend too much, but Im also looking at the Twill top so I can get new tinted windows as well. I currently have a factory 4dr soft top, but its getting close to needing replacement. Plus my plastic windows are pretty scratched up and pretty damn brittle. I actually cracked my rear and had to tape it with clear duck tape. I dont want the same "Factory" style material. Thanks in advance and again sorry for the thread hack Combat..

Paratroopers stay up longer!

No worries on the thread hack, I also will be in the market for a new soft top probably by the end of summer. i haven't done to much research on the different soft tops because when it comes time i am going to buy either the Bestop Trek Top NX or just the Bestop Trek Top. I like the options they come with to run as either a bikini top or full soft top just buy removing the rear windows, and for the non NX model for the top to just roll back for open air, i have a soft top and a separate bikini top and its not worth the hassle to switch back and forth based on weather or travels.
To answer the question on materials, the OEM replacement Mopar soft tops top don't give an exact material name as they just state its a tough 3-ply material...:idontknow: There are a lot of different tops out there these days so i would just find one that fits your budget and your liking.:thumb:

Last edited:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Right, I was lookin at the replace a top since the factory top already has the flip back drv/pass portion. I just need a new skin, I like the twill that is the NX. Its nice and Ive heard its pretty dang quiet.

well quiet is nice i guess, i always have my tube doors on in the summer and my lady likes my hard top for the winter so i never really noticed the noise, plus all the demo i did in iraq made me pretty deaf so...:idontknow:. anyways post some pics when you get your new top and let me know what you chose and how you like it over the OEM one please so i have reference when i go to buy mine.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I got a smittybilt cover and it is great. Good fit, no issues, does what it is supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

By noise I mean flappin. But when I get mine I will be sure to post up. You still in?

Nah I got out 2 years ago, did my 4 years and was going through pre deployment screening for my 2nd deployment and the doctor made me non deployable due to radiation exposure from 1st deployment so I got out on time instead if extending my contract. How about you? U still in? I was a combat engineer

Last edited:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
No, I got out almost 5 yrs ago. I did 9 yrs and 3 tours. That was enough for me. I was a Parachute Rigger. Now Im a Detention Officer trying to build a Jeep..lol..

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I got a smittybilt cover and it is great. Good fit, no issues, does what it is supposed to.

Is your Smittybilt kinda the same material as the factory top? I like the Smitty, but I want to get one thats more like sail cloth or the new Bestop Twill. I really like the twill because of how black it is..

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
No it's more like a light canvass with a felt material in the bottom side.

Top Bottom