More up travel

POOJEEP

So i'm looking at ideas to get a bit more up travel out of my front axle. Mostly I am looking for any products that allow a relocation or modification of the front upper shock mount. I do have some ideas as to fabricating something to work, I do have the knowledge and skills to do so, but I would like to know if there is any pre-made components for doing this. As to my setup I am on 4.5" springs and Falcon shocks that are for the 5-6" lift. I still have my 3.5" springs so If there is a product that I can raise my shock mounts and keep a lower C.G. I am all for it. I am not wanting to do a spacer lift on top of the taller springs. Ideally I would like to use the 3.5" and raise mounts...... Just looking to see if such a product exists. Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a reminder, you always want to run about as much bump stop extension as you have lift. Even if you can make it so that your shocks won't bottom out, you still need to be concerned with your coils over-compressing. As in, they squash down to the point where they no longer return to their original height.

POOJEEP

Yes indeed. I currently am running 4" solid bumpstops, and just installed hydros on top of that. My desire in this particular case is to allow more shock travel seeing as my shocks will bottom out before my springs are fully compressed....without doing spacers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed. I currently am running 4" solid bumpstops, and just installed hydros on top of that. My desire in this particular case is to allow more shock travel seeing as my shocks will bottom out before my springs are fully compressed....without doing spacers.

Sounds to me like the shocks you have are too long for your current application.

Braxtonsag

The most you’re going to be able to do is run a taller shock tower but it’s not going to be bolt on. You could also lower the bottom shock mount but I wouldn’t recommend that. I think 14s are about all you’re going to be able to fit without some serious fabrication.

POOJEEP

Sounds to me like the shocks you have are too long for your current application.

You are correct 100% ATM. But what I am basically looking to do is close to the same as rear with the synergy relocation brackets....just on the front. Gain travel and be able to fit a shock accordingly to the extra travel, if that makes sense.

POOJEEP

The most you’re going to be able to do is run a taller shock tower but it’s not going to be bolt on. You could also lower the bottom shock mount but I wouldn’t recommend that. I think 14s are about all you’re going to be able to fit without some serious fabrication.

Ahh well that is what I was looking for as towards an answer to my question if there is a bolt on with minimal fabrication. I am not against fabricating something and can do so, just thought I would see if someone knew of a part that I was not aware of. Looks like fabrication it shall be :cool:

Braxtonsag

You are correct 100% ATM. But what I am basically looking to do is close to the same as rear with the synergy relocation brackets....just on the front. Gain travel and be able to fit a shock accordingly to the extra travel, if that makes sense.

Your only options are taller towers or lower bottom mount. You can gain an inch or so travel by running a taller tower and stepping away from emulsion shocks but unless you want to mangle your engine bay that’s about all the give you’re going to get up front

It really wouldn’t be very hard to just cut off your stock towers and burn on a artec tower or something. That’s what I’m planning in the future myself but I have other stuff to knock out first lol

POOJEEP

Your only options are taller towers or lower bottom mount. You can gain an inch or so travel by running a taller tower and stepping away from emulsion shocks but unless you want to mangle your engine bay that’s about all the give you’re going to get up front

It really wouldn’t be very hard to just cut off your stock towers and burn on a artec tower or something. That’s what I’m planning in the future myself but I have other stuff to knock out first lol

I have contemplated lowering the bottoms about 1" give or take and moving it outward, kind of like metacloak's set up but dropping it down down some. The only reason I give that some thought is that it being closer to the C's it may have less chance of hanging up on things....but that is just a secondary thought after relocating the upper mounts.......even though I know that goes against general offroading modifications.

Do you know of or have any pics of a jeep running Artec mounts without coilovers?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Up travel is a function of bump stops and, if insufficient, then other contact that’s less than ideal. Shocks don’t control up travel, except for the one time you find out your shocks are too long and you destroy them because they bottom out before the bump stops contact.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
With $50 and a lil fab skills you could gain 2” of uptravel. Google JK Ford shock mounts and see if it’s within your skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why not just post it up instead of saying google it? Or is saying google it your way of telling someone it’s on another forum without actually saying it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom