To upgrade or to modify? That is the question

Renagade119

So I have an 06 TJ Sport, and I want a capable rig that'll get me through most things. I'm in grade 12 so come June I'll be out of school and trying to find a job. I've been looking into JKU's but I can't decide whether I want to modify my TJ, I want bigger tires (preferably 33's, but as we all know I need a 4" inch lift and SYE kit and possibly bigger axles) can anyone help me out here? Much appreciated

Tackerdown

Banned
I think I would go to a few dealerships and test drive some JKU's and see how you like it. From what I read its easier to get bigger tires on them and I personally like the fact that I can through everything I need in the back and still have room. Bump.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can you afford a new JK? Do you have a job lined up? I would look at those things before purchasing a $25k+ vehicle.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I have seen that stuff happen before to kids right out of high school.

Tackerdown

Banned
My son is having the same thoughts but I think he really likes his tj. He won't drive my JKU because he doesn't want to switch I think.

Renagade119

Hahahaha yup, that's exactly what others are telling me. And to answer your question, no I don't have a job lined up. That's half the problem :p

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as tempting as it may be to want to upgrade i would stick with your TJ for the time being till you get something lined up. trust me i waited till i knew i was hired full time at my job now driving a 95 geo prizm till i could get my JK.

Renagade119

Hahahaha alright. That's fair, and I think I'll take your advice. But I do want a winch on my TJ, and maybe some Rigid Industries lights

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hahahaha alright. That's fair, and I think I'll take your advice. But I do want a winch on my TJ, and maybe some Rigid Industries lights

In that case look at Quadratechs winchs. I know it's not as good as a Warn but for the price it's a good starting point and will not hurt the bank for when your ready to go and upgrade to the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Renagade119

Maybe a used jku could be something you could look into eventually.

Yea thats kind what I've been thinking. I'm a little picky though, I don't want the body colour fender flares, I want that bright green, and of course, a manual transmission

Tackerdown

Banned
Yea thats kind what I've been thinking. I'm a little picky though, I don't want the body colour fender flares, I want that bright green, and of course, a manual transmission

I love my auto but I'm old and decrepit.lol

SquareLJ

You can fit 33's on a TJ with a 2" lift and a 1.25" body lift... Do a motor mount lift with the body lift and that should correct the drive line angle enough to not need a SYE.

SquareLJ

I started off with just a 3" lift and 33's. Only rubbing was the control arms since my wheels don't have enough backspacing.

Top Bottom