Right weight rating for JT winch?

ScrappyJT

Been researching and can’t seem to conclude right weight rating for winch. Is the thought 9k-10k vs 8k? Use would be stuck on rocks, low mud, and a house shrub here or there. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Been researching and can’t seem to conclude right weight rating for winch. Is the thought 9k-10k vs 8k? Use would be stuck on rocks, low mud, and a house shrub here or there. Thoughts?

I would go 10. I have an Zeon 8 on my WJ and the Jeep weighs close to 6k and it has served me very well. But if you're going to be using the JT on rocks, I'm assuming you'll have gear, tools, bumpers, sliders, etc adding more weight to the overall truck.

ScrappyJT

Quick-update:
Took time to install VR12s this week. Used Warn mounting bracket. As highlighted by others , you will need to drill out lower number skid mounts to get factory bolts back in place. Overall delighted with ease of install. Factory 55 flatlink should be arriving today. That will wrap up this exercise. IMG_0927.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Quick-update:
Took time to install VR12s this week. Used Warn mounting bracket. As highlighted by others , you will need to drill out lower number skid mounts to get factory bolts back in place. Overall delighted with ease of install. Factory 55 flatlink should be arriving today. That will wrap up this exercise. View attachment 344091

Looks nice
Should have come from the factory like this

jdofmemi

Looks good 👍

Good choice on the 12K

No one in history had ever said "Gee, I sure wish I had bought a bit weaker winch"

wjtstudios

Hooked
Quick-update:
Took time to install VR12s this week. Used Warn mounting bracket. As highlighted by others , you will need to drill out lower number skid mounts to get factory bolts back in place. Overall delighted with ease of install. Factory 55 flatlink should be arriving today. That will wrap up this exercise. View attachment 344091

Looks great, and agreed on the 12k, always good to have a bit extra when you need it

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom