E brake

billybob990

I took my jeep back to the dealer I bought it from for a few repairs due to neglect and my e brake didn't work well when I took it in and when I got it back it worked perfect for one use now its back to not working, any ideas on what I might do? Also when I took it in they replaced the wheel cylinder and the brakes on the back.

MRDON

I have same problem, rear brakes don't work, "E" brake won't hold. Did some reading about it and everyone says it's common with TJ's. Over size tires are the reason, try putting in 4wd and rear brakes work.

moparnation

Mine broke but it was actually the lever assembly, cost $42 to get a new one and about 15-20 mins install by myself

sent from my talkitty box

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I had the same problem. Brand new Jeep and the ebrake wasn't acting right. I had to have the front axle seals replaced and asked them to look at the ebrake. They had to replace it because of some kind of malfunction. I have noticed that my "new" ebrake is starting to show the same issue. I have to pull it all the way up really hard for it to hold. Gonna take it back to the dealer to have it looked at again.

Top Bottom