Cobra 29 PLX

Serg5000

I was wondering if anyone had one of these. I can't seem to get it tuned correctly. I continue to get the Antenna Warning flashing when I key the mic. If anyone has some experience with this setup please let me know how it worked out for you.

RyanMcD

I have the 29 lx too an when I got it had a similar issue. Need to make sure your Antenna is not below the body of the car and get signal bounce back and make sure you have a good antenna for that matter I needed to mount mine higher for the light to go away once I fixed that I love the radio!

OH9JK

Has the antenna been tuned? I suspect not and that is why you are getting the warning light.

You need to purchase or borrow a SWR meter and a short piece of coax to tune the antenna. Because the CB is a transmitter and a receiver the antenna is not plug and play.

Serg5000

I just ordered a new antenna and coax cable. I figured I should have all new components then tune it.

RyanMcD

OH9JK said:
Has the antenna been tuned? I suspect not and that is why you are getting the warning light.

You need to purchase or borrow a SWR meter and a short piece of coax to tune the antenna. Because the CB is a transmitter and a receiver the antenna is not plug and play.

Swr meters give you are warning through the radio it has an auto tuner built in the Swr meter wouldn't work on mine though

Serg5000

Ok first I removed the cable to check for any issues there. Turned out good. Re-installed and added the new 3' firestick II. Got everything re-installed and went out to find a vacant area to tune. 1/2 a turn on the new antenna adjuster screw and I was at less than 1.5 on the SWR meter. Now it works great.

Top Bottom