Alignment question

ghostjk

I understand what toe, camber, and caster are now. But not what mine should be in numerically speaking terms like on the print out.

I'm told that with my 4in teraflex lift with control arms, I want to have toe in, I can't adjust camber without adjustable ball joints (which I don't have), and what should my caster be? Thanks for any help. And if you have the printout if love to see it.
Thanks for any help!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I understand what toe, camber, and caster are now. But not what mine should be in numerically speaking terms like on the print out.

I'm told that with my 4in teraflex lift with control arms, I want to have toe in, I can't adjust camber without adjustable ball joints (which I don't have), and what should my caster be? Thanks for any help. And if you have the printout if love to see it.
Thanks for any help!

You don't have ball joints? :thinking:

Skirmish

He doesn't have adjustable ball joints capable of correcting camber meaning if a tire wasn't vertical it couldn't be corrected.

There is a write up on Project-JK that explains proper alignment. Mostly (I believe as its been awhile) you want a slight toe in of 1/8", a front negative castor between 4.5 and 6 degrees and the rear driveshaft as even with the pinion as possible.

ghostjk

Yea I read that write up but am still confused as to what degree my caster should be with the unlimited prorock housing

jkmadness

Yea I read that write up but am still confused as to what degree my caster should be with the unlimited prorock housing

I believe the unlimited housing has a couple of more degrees of caster built in, so if normal caster is let's say 4.5,then you can extend your LCA's a little more to 6.5 degrees of caster but your pinion output flange will be just like a stock housing would be..

Top Bottom