evo rock sliders and skins

bl17z90

I want to get this setup and at about 700 for the set its a good price but I was curious if they sliders work well as a step? I have a short lady friend and some out of shape reletives so I was leaning more towards the LoD sliders for the step, but the EVO ones look like the top of them is about the same height as the LoD step. After seeing everyone switch to them and watching a JKUR on its side get winched back upright in the Rubicon video there must be something good about them.

So yeah my question is do they work well as a step to climb in or better yet has anyone made anything that will hook to them and are easily removable to use for a stepping point?

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I have the evo sliders and I must say, they are virtually indestructible. Plus i like that they weld on. They do provide a bit of a step, but not a lot. My wife had a collapsible step stool on a rope she uses at times. She uses it to get it, pulls it into the jeep by the rope , folds and places under the seat.
Hope that helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rtguy1

you can order the evo sliders with a bit less angle so they stick out more and make a better step. i do not believe they charge any extra for this option. if you search around you can find pics of them built this way.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
you can order the evo sliders with a bit less angle so they stick out more and make a better step. i do not believe they charge any extra for this option. if you search around you can find pics of them built this way.

Correct. When you order just tell them that you want them as more of a step and they will build them that way. A member here has them that way.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

GCM 2

you weld these on to the frame? im looking into them for my 2 door

Yes to all, two or four doors are weld on only with the slider currently available for purchase. EVO will be releasing a bolt on slider soon, but looks a little different than the bomb proof weld on version. There is a thread somewhere on this forum with the test pair of bolt on sliders on ChrisB's rig.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
that would be great thanks! always good to see them and get ideas for how they look. does anyone have them on a 2 door? havent seen them on one yet.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i do like that step design a lot! very helpful for getting in plus protection. i feel like i gives you a little more room to work with as well IF it were to bend at all, but we all know its going to be hard to do that

they are NOT going to bend! and if they do, it is cuz you just thelma and louise'ed and it is not gonna matter! these things are just about the only thing that you can put on your jeep that will never let you down, ever!

well them and Plastidip!!! :D

andrew -

rubicrawl

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and I ordered them also angled down a little for a step for my wife can't wait to get them put on

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
speaking of Plasti Dip i just ordered it yesterday so i can do my grill. kinda excited to see how it turns out (hope i do it right lol)

yea the EVO sliders will be worth it when i decided to get them. have to do wheels, tires, new lift, and regearing first before i get those

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
speaking of Plasti Dip i just ordered it yesterday so i can do my grill. kinda excited to see how it turns out (hope i do it right lol)

yea the EVO sliders will be worth it when i decided to get them. have to do wheels, tires, new lift, and regearing first before i get those

Sliders are one of the most important things your can have. I would get those first.:thumb:

Top Bottom