Spare Tire Carrier Question

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I have TJ Rubi MOAB wheels I'ma be using on my JK (Why? Cause they're paid for and I don't wanna haggle with another seller for new JK Rubi rims on top of selling my current TJ's). I am planning on buying adapters so they'll fit but don't know what to do about the spare since I can't buy only one adapter for that too. Anyone know of any remedies for my situation?

popo344

I have been running 5x5.5 wheels on my jk with adaptors. Not sure what tire carrier you have but I just drilled out the 5x5.5 bolt pattern on the mounting plate. I have a Body Armor rear tire carrier which has both the 5x5 and 5x4.5. I used one of the existing holes as a starting point. Then after drilling I treaded the holes to work with lugs that came with the tire carrier. Hope that helps.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Hmmm yea I have a stock rear tire carrier. I'll have to take the spare off and look at it and see it'd be possible to drill out the holes.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hmmm yea I have a stock rear tire carrier. I'll have to take the spare off and look at it and see it'd be possible to drill out the holes.

The carrier is like your axle, it has studs. Not sure how you would drill it and have it be as strong.

Top Bottom