axle enforcement

no1important

it might be bad to say but i have been running 35s with no issues for about a year now with out sleeves gussets or anything...after hearing that i should be done i have been looking into it more and more just to prevent any damage. i wanted to know about the ball joint process with the gusset i would like to do nitro sleeves and then get my buddy whos a welder to help me put the gussets on is there any way to do it without having to pull off anything i dont wunna go through those issues.

Last edited:

no1important

36 looks but not one answer come on sorry if its a dumb question its just this website and jk-forum are where i get my answers

sorry i thought i did answer... if you are changing out your ball joints, just remove everything, hammer in your FROZEN nittros, weld on your c gussets and then replace your new Dynatrac ball joints... :D

andrew -

Last edited:

GetOut

it might be bad to say but i have been running 35s with no issues for about a year now with out sleeves gussets or anything...after hearing that i should be done i have been looking into it more and more just to prevent any damage. i wanted to know about the ball joint process with the gusset i would like to do nitro sleeves and then get my buddy whos a welder to help me put the gussets on is there any way to do it without having to pull off anything i dont wunna go through those issues.

It is easier, in my opinion to just pull the axle and do it that way. Dropping the axle on a jk is about a 15 minute job. Now if you are asking about replacing ball joints without removing anything at all, I believe that would be completely impossible.

sorry bud, you have multiple threads up and it seems your are asking the same thing in a few of them. so here is an easy answer....

drop your axle, remove your shafts, remove your ball joints, weld your Cs, hammer in you sleeves ( if you choose to go with sleeves but thats up to you ) replace new ball joints, replace shafts and put axle back up.
all gussets are basically the same as long as the welds are good and dynatrac ball joints are better than synergy - fyi

andrew -

no1important

no not the replacement of the ball joints. i wanted to know if it was possible to have my friend weld on the c2 gussets from EVO MFG without me have to take the spring out and stuff like that i will pull the axle, wheel, brakes, rotors

no1important

is it pretty self easy to do that? i know its probably time consuming but it difficult to do shouldnt it be just

jack up the jeep and chock back wheels
take of wheels, rotors, calipers,
drain the diff
pull the axles
unhook or unbolt anything that touches the axle
everything front that point on should be free and roll away the axle housing,

Ya it is not all that difficult if you have the correct tools/jacks/jack stands... i think there are quite a few write ups involving dropping the axle on project JK

GetOut

is it pretty self easy to do that? i know its probably time consuming but it difficult to do shouldnt it be just

jack up the jeep and chock back wheels
take of wheels, rotors, calipers,
drain the diff
pull the axles
unhook or unbolt anything that touches the axle
everything front that point on should be free and roll away the axle housing,

It is simple and not at all time consuming. It takes me about the same amount of time to jack up the front end and take off the front wheels as it does to pull the entire able out. 4 control arm bolts. 2 sway bar bolts (or discos if you have them) trac bar, steering, and she's on the ground

no1important

COOL:clap2::clap2: im happy to try and upgrade my mechanical skill i have never dropped and axle before so it should be really fun. these kinda new things get me all jacked up go into my garage get a couple of beers and get it all done would you recommend me do a aussie locker with this process or do that later

GetOut

COOL:clap2::clap2: im happy to try and upgrade my mechanical skill i have never dropped and axle before so it should be really fun. these kinda new things get me all jacked up go into my garage get a couple of beers and get it all done would you recommend me do a aussie locker with this process or do that later

If you are going to do the aussie that would be a good time to do it. It is always easier to work on a bench then underneath the jeep. As mentioned in your other thread, follow this http://www.4x4xplor.com/aussielocker.html it is very straightforward. Just take your time, understand that nothing will ever go perfect, and you will have no problems.

no1important

cool so its just the lock bolt for the center pin and then the center pin itself pull the spider gears input the lockers...do you have to re-shim things for putting the carrier back in or is it just put it back and then just re install the caps

GetOut

cool so its just the lock bolt for the center pin and then the center pin itself pull the spider gears input the lockers...do you have to re-shim things for putting the carrier back in or is it just put it back and then just re install the caps

http://www.4x4xplor.com/aussielocker.html

http://www.aussielocker.com/downloads/aussielocker_installation_manual.pdf

Read through those, they should answer all of your questions. If not, I am sure there is probably a youtube video you can follow

Top Bottom