Giving my Jeep some TLC, am I missing anything?

NAUJK

So after Thursday's run I am keepin my rig off the trails for awhile while I fix things up. Recently I installed a set of JKUR Springs on my JKX along with the 2.5" BB that I had low and behold after doing the measurements and comparing to the stock ones they say I am at 3.5" above stock so that is causing stress on things such as drive shafts and the stock control arms caster angles so on so forth. My rear stock shocks are finally starting to give out as well. Break lines are also getting maxed out during flexing.

So long story short I am in the process of ordering a new JE REEL 1310 HD DS for the rear, and Bilstien 5100s to replace the rear shocks. New extended brake lines as well. In the near future I will be swapping out the spring and BB system I have now with EVO 3" Plush Ride coils, and will upgrade trackbars and to currie adjustable control arms when I can.

My question is, am I missing anything that you would suggest to look at or fix? What length bump stops Evos 2 or 3" would go well with this setup, I was thinking 2? and I am prolly being an idiot but Northridge 4x4 doesn't sell a 3" Bilstien for the rear just 2 and 4 should I go longer or shorter than the Lift I am / will be running?

Any and all suggestions would be and are welcome and helpful! I tried to do my Homework before asking questions.

Cheers :beer:

Mike

Heres pics of my rig just for the hell of it.

DSC01376.jpg IMG_6362.jpg

Last edited:

TrailBear

I would go for the longer shocks, my thinking is you would get less up travel but more down travel. I may be out to lunch, but I have heard this theory before, it helps keep cog low but still give flex.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

NAUJK

I would go for the longer shocks, my thinking is you would get less up travel but more down travel. I may be out to lunch, but I have heard this theory before, it helps keep cog low but still give flex.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

That makes sense, that's what I was thinking of doing. Thanks!

Top Bottom