Opinions on tires

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So in my search for new tires (35's) i was thinking what is the best? so i figured i would reach out to everyone and see what your opinion is on the best tires to get are. I currently am running Goodyear Wrangler MT/R kevlars in 32's. was thinking of the nitto mud grapplers in 35's for when i upgrade. any other good tires you like for DD and weekend warrior trips?

orngcrushrgrl

We've got Dick Cepeks (mud country) in 33's. we were originally gonna go with duratracs but 4wheel parts had trouble getting them and I made the executive decision on the Cepeks. Couldn't have made a better decision honestly.

For being a more aggressive looking and performing tire, they're quieter on the road than anything else we've had. They perform quite well in snow and sand also.

We will probably end up going to the same tire in 35's when these decide wear down (if they do lol)

Snsrubicon

Tires

We've got Dick Cepeks (mud country) in 33's. we were originally gonna go with duratracs but 4wheel parts had trouble getting them and I made the executive decision on the Cepeks. Couldn't have made a better decision honestly.

For being a more aggressive looking and performing tire, they're quieter on the road than anything else we've had. They perform quite well in snow and sand also.

We will probably end up going to the same tire in 35's when these decide wear down (if they do lol)

I have had the mtr's loved them, have the big km2 right now. Great tire but a little more noise that I would have liked...think. Am going to try the falken wild peak...everything I have seen or read I liked...

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I run the 315/70R17 Treadwright Guard Dogs. I love them! Great tread, great in every terrain Ive had them in. They look good and ride good. They price is nice too!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

MTNBKR

I run 315/75r/16s Procomp ATs and love them. Plus they have a 50k wearout warranty. They truely are All-Terrain. Ride great and are quiet too....:standing wave:

TwtPunk08JK

I run Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.50x17 and absolutely love 'em. Only down side is the gas mileage, but that'll come with any 37" tire.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

NHarris

Although I'm running more of an All Terrain, I really like these Cooper Discoverer ATP tires. Not sure if they come in a 35, but they have proven to be excellent off road, and I can report back after I run them through Moab. My 32's were about $180ish a tire.

I have heard that the Nitto tires are amazing off road. They would be an ideal choice for an upgrade

StrizzyChris

I had 35x12.50r17 Nitto Muds and so far they are great tires. Balanced easily andd ride great! THEY ARE LOUD! But I am starting to like it. Kindof sounds like a low flying prop plane overhead at all times.

This is mine with no lift(stock height) with trimmed fenders
2013-03-18_16-56-59_727_zps70dde0d8.jpg

Skirmish

Where you wheel will have a huge impact on what tire is best. I've run the Falken Rocky Mts 35's and thought they were great on big rocks, excellent sidewall grip. Wet sandy gravel the tended to pack up but I rarely see it. Only on a trip to Big Bear. I've heard they aren't great in mud either so if that is your terrain then I would suggest something made for mud. Great on the road though.
I switched to KM2's and haven't been in much mud. Only one day on wet rocks and I was slipping as much as everyone. On dry rock I think the traction is about the same but its easier to tear chunks off much like the Procomps I've seen out in Vegas. Probably a harder compound to give you longer street performance.
It is a toss up though for a DD, softer tires give better grip but less life.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Where I go (Rausch Creek in PA) you get a little of everything plus when I'm in Delaware I hit up the beaches as well. Noise doesn't bother me at all so that problem is out the window. I love the look and price of the Nittos that's why they are one of my main options. Still curious as to what everyone else is running and has run. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shinedepotjk

Not sure if u are still looking but I'm running Mickey MTZ and love them. On my second set of 315 70 17. Just a great all around tire. My 2 cents :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not sure if u are still looking but I'm running Mickey MTZ and love them. On my second set of 315 70 17. Just a great all around tire. My 2 cents :)

oh yea im still looking. my tires have plenty of tread left on them (only have 10,000 miles on them) so this is for future refrence when its needed

Wells1123

35/12.50/17 Dunlop Fierce Attitude MT's love them on and off road. Price is great at $266 a tire.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

FrankenJeeper

I'm running Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in 35x12.50x17 and I love them so far. 3k miles in and no issues. Didn't take much weight to balance them, very smooth on the road, and they've had excellent traction on the trails with moderate rocks and mud.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366066694.207658.jpg

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm running Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in 35x12.50x17 and I love them so far. 3k miles in and no issues. Didn't take much weight to balance them, very smooth on the road, and they've had excellent traction on the trails with moderate rocks and mud.

View attachment 24987

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

LMAO I was looking at your jeep on my phone thinking I love that color. Then I noticed the grill. I do love the look of mud on a jeep.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

FrankenJeeper

LMAO I was looking at your jeep on my phone thinking I love that color. Then I noticed the grill. I do love the look of mud on a jeep.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha it usually stays mud colored lol. Living on a dirt road keeps it looking like I've been wheeling all day lol

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Top Bottom