Driveshaft opinion

socc3rakd25

Haven't heard too much on this topic. I'm looking to buy an aftermarket front driveshaft now that I just installed a 4.5" lift and I would really like to get some input on the best quality driveshaft. Heard alot of good things about Tom Wood's and J.E. Reel.
Thanks

I would recommend purchasing a Coast or JE Reel Driveshaft. They come standard with Neapco or Spicer U-Joints which are of much nicer quality than the U-Joints that come standard on the Woods Driveshafts.

kb3ejw

i use tom woods shafts....put them on my 92 yj then my 01 LR D2....love the quality of TW.
i am looking at replacing my stocker with a TW shaft soon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as it's balanced well, a drive shaft is a drive shaft. If you insist on getting a woods shaft, just make sure to upgrade the u-joints to Neapco or Spicer as the ones that come standard on them are sub-standard Chinese joints. I have seen them fail time and time again in situations that higher quality ones would not.

socc3rakd25

So long as it's balanced well, a drive shaft is a drive shaft. If you insist on getting a woods shaft, just make sure to upgrade the u-joints to Neapco or Spicer as the ones that come standard on them are sub-standard Chinese joints. I have seen them fail time and time again in situations that higher quality ones would not.

Appreciate it, I'll be ordering the J.E. Reel 1311 tonight.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Eddie has mentioned it before. I believe it every 2 years depending on how much water/mud you see.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Top Bottom