Best riding spring and shock combo?

Showroom

Looking to get some 3.5 springs and shock. Does anyone have some input on who's ride the best. All the manufacturers say theirs are the best tuned or plush around. Just looking for standard shocks, no coil overs or reservoirs. Thanks

StrizzyChris

"Best ride" is purely subjective. Do you like a firm ride or more "soft"? There are shocks, like some fox or elka's, that are adjustable to allow you to self tune. Fox are 2 valve while elka's are 4 valve but much more expensive.

StrizzyChris

oh and for coils, the spring rate will determine if you have a firm or soft ride.

Firm(in some people opiniton)...Old Man EMU, Teraflex,
Softer(Opinion also)....Full traction, EVO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, ride quality is 100% subjective and you should really be asking yourself whether or not you like a firm or soft ride. I prefer the later and after having run a lot of different coils, I would choose to run EVO plush ride coils and a set of good monotube shocks. If you can't afford a set of Kings or Fox, I would recommend the new Rancho 7000's.

SoCalDozer

Ride quality is all in the eye of the beholder as far as on road stuff, I have the king 2.5s and while they are a lot firmer than rubi shocks they make the vehicle handle a lot better both On and offroad.

Sworks

Has anyone ever uses or has experience with rough country suspension? Or pro comp? I have been looking for the same 3" to 3.5 lift. I've heard rough country is a softer ride. I would like a softer ride. Something close to factory.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone ever uses or has experience with rough country suspension? Or pro comp? I have been looking for the same 3" to 3.5 lift. I've heard rough country is a softer ride. I would like a softer ride. Something close to factory.

never used rough country but i have heard good things from people on here about it. been looking at there 2.5" myself cause of it

Tcdawg

I had RC 3.5" springs and the sagged horribly. Was not satisfied with them at all. They were soft and offered a good ride on the road but that was only temporary, eventually they became too soft and sagged out.

Sworks

I had RC 3.5" springs and the sagged horribly. Was not satisfied with them at all. They were soft and offered a good ride on the road but that was only temporary, eventually they became too soft and sagged out.

Good to know. Did you end up going with another system?

Sworks

As mentioned, ride quality is 100% subjective and you should really be asking yourself whether or not you like a firm or soft ride. I prefer the later and after having run a lot of different coils, I would choose to run EVO plush ride coils and a set of good monotube shocks. If you can't afford a set of Kings or Fox, I would recommend the new Rancho 7000's.

I looked these up on their site. It says these coils remove much of the factory rack? What does that mean. Also do they sag as mentioned about RC stuff.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Sworks, I think he meant Rake. As in the front being lower than the rear. Like when you look at the jeep from the side and it looks like its bowing..lol

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Top Bottom