Axles

Mgimelli

I. You are needing new gears I would upgrade to 4:88 you will feel a big improvement in performance

Its not necessarily 4.10 factory. Their should be a tag on the axle or a stamp in the tube with a bill of material number for the axle. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bryan

billybob990

:D^ lol ill check it out when the weather clears up we are getting a lot of rain and snow right now, I wouldn't mind 4;88 but its also my daily driver and I'm getting 13mpg right now, I'm gonna go with 4;56 for now

Haha just dropping knowledge, hell my buddy had a 99 TJ w/ 3.07 gear and 4cyl/ Auto. It was a slug to drive stock. IMO 4 banger with 35's, unless you drive it like 50 miles a day highway, I would just get 4.88.

billybob990

Well I'm a student lol its not really a want but a need to get bigger gears, my jeep had 35's on it when I bought it and it has about broke me just trying to fix things they didn't do right when putting the bigger tires on

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well I'm a student lol its not really a want but a need to get bigger gears, my jeep had 35's on it when I bought it and it has about broke me just trying to fix things they didn't do right when putting the bigger tires on

I was just messing. I give you more credit then me, I could never drive a 4 cylinder with 35's and stock gears. :thumb:

billybob990

It's not really that bad but bad on the engine, 5th gear is useless I can't climb big hills in 4th so I have to run 3000 rpms in 3rd, I just don't want to end up putting a new engine in it cause its a pain, when I changed the head gasket I was at full reach to get to the rear head bolts and I'm 6'4"

Top Bottom