RubiCAT Gettin EVO'd UP!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been meaning to do this for a while now but, we finally got RubiCAT over to Off Road Evolution so that it can get EVO'd UP!! Here are a few shop pics highlighting its transformation. :thumbsup:

Getting our very first holes drilled into RubiCAT...
main.php

But, it's all worth it in the end...
main.php

We're still waiting on Rocker Guards to finish it up but, even without them, I think it looks pretty badass...
main.php

After hacking off all the factory control arm mounts and cleaning up the frame rails, it's time to start burning in some EVO high clearance long arm mounts...
main.php

main.php

Ta-Da...
main.php

main.php

Installation of the all NEW EVO bolt on front coil over system...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=273078[/Iclearance to burn on the EVO high clearnace long arm front control arm mounts...
[IMG]http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=273114

main.php

While all that's going on, work begins on getting a set of EVO C2 Gussets get installed on our factory Dana 44 front axle...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

More Pics Posted Below...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great shot of the rear all linked up and showing just how much clearance you get with the EVO high clearance long arm brackets...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Shot of the front linked up showing how awesome the clearance is up front as well...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Some finished pics of the front axle completed with C2 Gussets and an EVO draglink flip kit installed...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Not sure if it'll work but, we thought we'd try to see if we could get a 2007-11 PSC ram assist to work on a 2012...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Hope to get you more pics soon :)

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Its looking awesome!! Off Road Evolution builds the best off road vehicles! :thumb: Cant wait to see it when its done.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sweet!

Looks amazing!

Subscribed. Hope to see this in person sometime this spring/summer. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks amazing!

Subscribed. Hope to see this in person sometime this spring/summer. :thumb:

I hope so too. It would be great to hook up with you up in Tahoe :)

Why did they paint the hardward on the draglink flip kit?

none of the brackets were poweder coated and so everything got painted once installed. :yup:

GCM 2

Insane!

RubiCAT is turning into a formidable force to be reckoned with :thumb: The new EVO coilover setup looks like its a very simple, straight forward system. Congrats on all the new ORE kit!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm very interested in those Evo bolt on coilover mounts! Any word on release date?

As soon as it's all installed on Rubicat, it should be available for sale. The kit has been done for a while now and they're just using Rubicat to do some final tweeking and making sure it'll work with a 2012.

Awesome!! So I'm guessing RubiCATs going to Moab?

Well, the plan was to take both our JK's out but, we may just take one or the other now due to gas prices. I guess it'll depend on how much time we have to test out Rubicat and work out any bugs there might be.

RubiCAT is turning into a formidable force to be reckoned with :thumb: The new EVO coilover setup looks like its a very simple, straight forward system. Congrats on all the new ORE kit!

Not quite as formidable as Moby or your JK but, definitely a force to be reckoned with. EVO is making this kit to be an entry level coilover system. It'll still perform way better than any standard kit out there but, shy of what the double throwdown with EVO lever can do. The benefit of it will be in price savings which will be substantial.

nacho

please keep me posted on "snags" with the 2012 model. I am interested in going longarms and evo is one of the top 2 i am considering

highoctane

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
As soon as it's all installed on Rubicat, it should be available for sale. The kit has been done for a while now and they're just using Rubicat to do some final tweeking and making sure it'll work with a 2012.

Nice! As soon as its available I'll be ordering the front mounts, and maybe these new rear mounts and coilovers. Can't wait to see pics of the rear!

RDE2ROK

:thumb:WOW! thats coming together nicely. I hope to see you on the trail one day to check it out in person. My next destination is D60s and coilovers. I have used some EVO products and I must say, They are precise and very heavy duty! I will definately be giving Mel a call when I'm ready. Awesome project Eddie, I will be following this build:rock:

2xcapeIN

YEA that bolt on kit looks realy nice and still beefy! perfect for some one to do " under there own power" ..LOL!

Top Bottom