Fox 2.0's or Bilstein 5100's

Speeddmn

So I have a typical budget boost on my Rubi and want to swap the shocks for something better than stock. I'd like to have something that if the time comes to go larger on the lift I can sell. Also are either of these rebuildable by chance? Price diffrence is about 120$ more for the set with the fox 2.0's. Thanks for the input.

dahreno

Banned
Love my fox 2.0 s . I've had them for 3 years with no issues . I do some pretty hardcore wheeling. I have no experience with Bilsteins .

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I have the 5100's. Love them. They feel a bit firm, but that could be my Rock Krawler springs. In an off road setting the 5100's are great, very smoothe. A but stiff around town. I am thinking about runnin the 4" Evo plush ride springs to soften things up just a tad.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
So I have a typical budget boost on my Rubi and want to swap the shocks for something better than stock. I'd like to have something that if the time comes to go larger on the lift I can sell. Also are either of these rebuildable by chance? Price diffrence is about 120$ more for the set with the fox 2.0's. Thanks for the input.

I just got some 5165's for my rear axle. I'll be beating the crap out of them in just over a week and can report back.

jeep-creep

Compaired to the "stock feel" How "stiff" are the shocks themselves?( I know springs make a big difference..but I'm speaking the shock itself) Fox and bilsteins? I'm also wanting to try a new shock.

On and off road. I like a stiffer shock and a softer spring, myself.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
They are fairly stiff. I like the ride, its not like riding in an old caddy. Not too firm though, the Bilstein 5100 is a great shock. When the time comes I would like to try something else. Probably the King 2.5 or the Rancho 7000

Speeddmn

Seems more are running 5100's than the Fox's. So maybe I'll head that direction. Mainly looking for a shock that is better and longer than stock, all while retaining road abilities to keep my kids from bouncing around. I'll swap out springs with something else soon too. Before that I need to convince the wife to allow me to trim the fenders tho. :yup:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Go with 5100's then. I love mine, smoothe ride, a little bumpy here n there, but not bad. Im going to run Evo plush ride springs to get the ride Im lookin for coupled with the 5100's.

JKNuts

I had Bilstein 5100's for 1 year. Liked them a lot. Smooth ride. Wheeled them side by side with my son's JK (Same lift, same tires, his had Elka dual reservoirs), no perceivable difference on moderate trails. Decided to go to Elka dual reservoir just because. Too much money, too little brains. The elka, and i suspect, the fox, have just a little more control when hitting harsh bumps, otherwise I can't tell the difference. I still have them and would sell them if you're interested.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Heck I would go for that if they were a decent price. I dont think you would be disappointed. I love my 5100's. the shock is great, looks good too. I think a better spring would help me get the ride I want. OP see if you can work a deal with him, depends on mileage and such, but I would give them a shot.

Top Bottom