Transmission cooler

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Greetings,

I'm new to having an automatic transmission in my JK and have heard a good insurance policy is to install a transmission oil cooler. I want to hear from folks who have them installed and what you feel the benefits are? Also what kind are you running, where did you get it and how much does it cost? I apologize for all the questions but m a noob to the auto tranny. Thanks.

rtguy1

Greetings,

I'm new to having an automatic transmission in my JK and have heard a good insurance policy is to install a transmission oil cooler. I want to hear from folks who have them installed and what you feel the benefits are? Also what kind are you running, where did you get it and how much does it cost? I apologize for all the questions but m a noob to the auto tranny. Thanks.
Uh oh.....u r gonna hear it in here man. :cheesy:

The '12 is a step ahead of you and comes with a trans cooler. Look under the grill:yup:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Greetings,

Really.... you just asked this? I've got a 12 and I ditched the factory tranny cooler for a PSC dual cooler, it does the tranny and the power steering. It's the 3rd mod I did.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So you all are calling me a dumbass for asking? Hmmmm okay. I'll proclaim it. Haha. Well thanks. McKenna what did it set you back?

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I ordered my dual cooler from PSC. They were still working on the design when I got it so I got a deal on a prototype. I provided some feedback to help them work out some plumbing issues. Several friends are now running the same set up on their 2012+ JK's. Here's a link:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic...ans-cooler-mount-bracket-kit-dual-cooler.html

I think it was well worth the investment to keep the PS cool.

It says it is for 2007-2011. It fits the 12's and up too. They had to modify one of the hoses to make it work for the newer Jeeps.

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

I ordered my dual cooler from PSC. They were still working on the design when I got it so I got a deal on a prototype. I provided some feedback to help them work out some plumbing issues. Several friends are now running the same set up on their 2012+ JK's. Here's a link:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic...ans-cooler-mount-bracket-kit-dual-cooler.html

I think it was well worth the investment to keep the PS cool.

It says it is for 2007-2011. It fits the 12's and up too. They had to modify one of the hoses to make it work for the newer Jeeps.

Good to know!!!!

rtguy1

I would save my money on the kit posted here. It isn't a one piece dual cooler, but two coolers that replaces the tranny cooler and adds a second for the ps. There are two coolers in that kit. Instead of $190 to add a ps cooler and replace a tranny cooler that works fine from the factory, spend $50 on the ps cooler and be done IMHO. I've never had any issue with my stock tranny cooler or heard of anyone else encountering an overheating tranny issue with the new models. With that said a ps cooler is not necessary unless u are adding a ram. So save ur money as you are fine with the stock components.

i am pretty sure that bashing a poster for having a question is not what this place is about. think some need to remember that we are not all professional jeepers and most of us are still learning.

now stop asking stupid questions frank! :D

andrew -

TheDuff

The 2012-2013 factory trans cooler does a great job, no need to replace it unless unless your just looking to spend money:) where my 09 was overheating on 33's with no cooler, my friend was cruising in 4hi on 37's in his 2012:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

ttfhell

What's up Frank? I say save your money, I've had no problems at all. This includes all day runs up the mountain and crawling for hours afterwards as well as flying around the desert in 100 plus temps all day long loaded with gear, passengers, and Evo armor. I'm running 4.88's and 37's, not sure if they help or hurt but I think both are in your future:) Maybe upgrade if you plan on towing. Almost forgot to call you a dumbass. Dumbass.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What's up Frank? I say save your money, I've had no problems at all. This includes all day runs up the mountain and crawling for hours afterwards as well as flying around the desert in 100 plus temps all day long loaded with gear, passengers, and Evo armor. I'm running 4.88's and 37's, not sure if they help or hurt but I think both are in your future:) Maybe upgrade if you plan on towing. Almost forgot to call you a dumbass. Dumbass.

Thanks. Ass. I'll see you soon.

TheDuff

I think this guy is a liar though:p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

I too would like more input on this. I was about to pull the trigger on the PSC one, unaware that my 13 has a trans cooler...

Top Bottom