Off road lights

Tcrowley

What is the best off road light on a budget for my window mounts on my tj. I have been looking at the kc slims and the daylighters.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

billybob990

I picked up some windshield mount rugged ridge lights on eBay for 150 they are pre wired all you do is plug and play

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Ive seen a couple shops on the internet with some really good prices on Rigid Dually 2's! I think they are mostly for extra side lighting though. I like KC stuff anyway, budget minded and bright!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

98VolsTJ

I have the KC daylighters on my windshield mounts. They throw out alot of light, but they are massive and get knocked around quite a bit when off road and the size leads to a big blind spot. I would go with either a set of slimlites or Rigid Industries dually's. Theyre smaller and more powerful.

CerOf

Budget? KC for sure. Their construction doesn't seem to be budget and they work awesome! I've IPF and while a fantastic light, they aren't $50+ better than a comparable KC.

KCs can be found under $150. Seems most IPFs are $200 or so.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Tcrowley

Yeah im most likely going to go with the kc slims. They seem like the most for the buck.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rivertoys

I have old-school daylighters at the windshield corners, and really like them a lot (I like the old look). They were like $130 to my door, with all the wiring and relay included. They came with a switch, but used a switch that matches my others. As stated, they do block some view, esp when making left turns. I'm 6'1" and got used to the reduced view pretty quick. My wife is 5' and think's it's a lot of blockage.

I have 7" Chinese HID's on the bumper, and they work great. I got them for $208 a set, delivered. That was a few years ago though, and I think they are more now. The same light is marketed at much higher prices through several name brands. They are around 6,000 K and a little blue for my taste. I plan to replace the bulbs with a 4500 K bulb for $20. That should bring the color range more in line with the headlights and daylighters.

Top Bottom