Teraflex or Rough Contry

Dannyboy76

So I need advice. I am looking to put 2.5” on my Jeep. I am down to either Teraflex or Rough Country. I have read really good reviews on both. So I would like to hear some input of others. Heres a little back ground. My Jeep is my Daily Driver. I do plan on take in on some little trails over the summer. And Do some beach driving. So I think my main concern is since I do drive my Jeep to work, around town, down the highway. I “for right now” really don’t want to lose the way it feels now. So I would like the Opinion of others.

SN: future plans in upgrade to 3.5” with 35’s. And the wife and I plan on drive cross country to hit up some of these great places that I keep reading about

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
with a 2.5" lift you will be able to run 35's with minor rubbing at full flex. from what i have read on here from people is that RC doesnt seem to last as long and will start to sag.

rtguy1

If u don't want to loose the way it feels now go with a budget boost with shock extensions. This will retain the factory coils and shocks. It will feel the same but be taller. Plus it's really inexpensive which is what you want if plan on going to a larger lift later. Going to 3.5" will require more components and be more expensive to do right. Don't waste money now and replace later. A budget boost will be cheap and u can sell it later for a small loss. :standing wave:

Dixon4x4

The Rough Country is a decent lift for the price. I ran one for a year and a half, but swapped out the springs because of sag. In the 1 1/2 years it dropped almost one inch. The ride was great, nice and soft and easy to install just did not like the amount of sag I ended up with.

09 JKU
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dannyboy76

Maybe someone can answer this for me. My concern is, that if I go with a Teraflex BB, using stock spring and shocks. And if I were to take it off road on some light trail. That the stock spring and shock might not be able to handle it. OR am I just thinking crazy. Please let me know.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maybe someone can answer this for me. My concern is, that if I go with a Teraflex BB, using stock spring and shocks. And if I were to take it off road on some light trail. That the stock spring and shock might not be able to handle it. OR am I just thinking crazy. Please let me know.

your a little crazy. i did a 2" skyjacker BB (hydro 7000 shocks and spackers, stock springs) and i like it. stiff ride but it doesnt bother me. rides great off road too.

Atch

A BB will do fine offroad. I would recommend teraflex over RC but I'd agree that you may as well get a BB if you're just doing light wheeling now and plan to upgrade to 3.5 in the near future.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
If u don't want to loose the way it feels now go with a budget boost with shock extensions. This will retain the factory coils and shocks. It will feel the same but be taller. Plus it's really inexpensive which is what you want if plan on going to a larger lift later. Going to 3.5" will require more components and be more expensive to do right. Don't waste money now and replace later. A budget boost will be cheap and u can sell it later for a small loss. :standing wave:

Call me a noob but what exactly is a "budget boost?" I've heard of it but it's not like a product any one company sells or not that I have heard so how does one piece together a budget boost? Thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Call me a noob but what exactly is a "budget boost?" I've heard of it but it's not like a product any one company sells or not that I have heard so how does one piece together a budget boost? Thanks

Budget boost usually consists of pucks (coil spacers) and bump stops. some come with new shocks as well. they are really cheap and a great place to start. just about everyone has a BB kit. its great cause it gives you the little lift you are looking for cheap and keeps the stock ride (unless you get the new shocks in the kit).

Atch

A good amount of companies sell budget boosts. More times than not the kit contains rubber spacers you put on the top of your coils & shock extensions. They usually give anywhere up to 2" of lift at a fraction of the cost

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thanks! Would RC sell one?

*Edit: I found some stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks! Would RC sell one?

yes they do i belive everyone has one. 6 to one, half dozen to another is how i look at some of the BB kits with just the pucks. after that its a different story.

EDIT - please correct me if im wrong about just the pucks all being "the same" as i put it.

Last edited:

Dannyboy76

Here is the better question, is there anybody out there that has a Teraflex BB and using the Teraflex VSS shocks? How do you feel about them?

ASUsparky

I've been riding on the Tera Flex BB and Tera Flex shocks for about 80,000 miles. Haven't had any issues with either, although it is time to replace the shocks.

I've had other issues but nothing caused by the quality of the Tera Flex BB or shocks.

Tackerdown

Banned
Just a bump back to the BB lift I like my 2.5" RC with the rear relocation bracket and break line extensions. It has steal spacers the thing it doesn't come with and is apparently very important is the bump stops. I'm thinking that the TF would be better for it has the bump stops. I am not sure if the rear track bar relocation bracket is mounted to the axle or the frame though and have heard that it is better if its mounted to the frame. as for the ride if you use the spacers I didn't notice any change in the ride or handling. and I must say I am quite happy with the ability of its 2.5" of lift off road.

ASUsparky

My Tera Flex came with the bump stumps and the rear trackbar relocation bracket mounted to the frame. Had to drill a hole in the existing mounting point to install it but no biggie.

I also agree about the ride and off road ability of the spacers. It works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dannyboy76

I was just reading some other reviews about Teraflex BB with shocks were really good people say the ride almost feels no different the stock. And just found out that my body that uses a RC lift is replacing it because that it started to sag. So now he might go to Teraflex BB. So all the question I ask are for the both of us.

Tackerdown

Banned
I have to say my son bought a 4" RC full lift that came with I think there cheapest shock and he hates them. I cant say any thing about there other shocks.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ghostjk

A lot of bad information and advice on this thread.

If you want to keep stock driving characteristics, use as a daily driver, and later mount up some 35's. you are a perfect candidate for a teraflex 2.5 coil lift with shocks.

This kit will give you great on and off road capability. You will not need to change out other driveline components with this kit and will have room for the 35s.

Teraflex has great customer service and I have run the 2.5 coil lift and was very happy with it.

Top Bottom