Badlands Winch

Jeep_Dawg08

Was out checking out the local Harbor Frieght this afternoon and as winches go, all they had was 'Badlands Winch'...
Has anyone heard of them and is it worth the $399 for a 12,000 pounder??
I'm on tight funds right now and plan on using inverted with my stock bumper.
Please any thoughts and advice is wanted.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Atch

One of my buddies has been using one of these for quite awhile, he hasn't had any issues with it and does use it frequently. You can always wait for a coupon that would work since HF always has sales.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Was out checking out the local Harbor Frieght this afternoon and as winches go, all they had was 'Badlands Winch'...

If your tight on funds save your $399 and save a little longer. You will be happy with a good quality winch, like warn.

JAGS

Hooked

May also want to research Engo winches. Supposedly they passed some good tests for an independent magazine review. Also can be had for around 399.

But do your homework. A 400 piece of junk is always worse than an expensive 1000 that could rescue you.

mtnbiker995

Google 'Four wheeler magazine winch shoot out' (something like that) and you will be amazed with all the information!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ichthus

With a coupon that 12k # winch can be had for $299. MIGHT be better than a Craigslist-bought beat-up-old-secondhand winch. I've also considered looking at Engo (they also have some inexpensive LED lights). Engo has some oddities in their winch-lineup: built in air-compressor, LED spotlights, or even a power washer. Not sure that any of the cheap stuff will make you as happy as a shiny-new Warn, however

SGTGunner

400 bucks can get you a Superwinch 95000 shipped. Check Amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

Seen a badlands winch fail on the trail. It made the recovery that much more difficult and the guy would have been screwed if he had been alone. Save a lil more for a better winch!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

mtnbiker995

ENGO has a 10k on sale for $299.99...Gf's dad has one and its worked flawlessly every time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

metaldemon

I just got one with a coupon for $299. My friend has had his warn break. I have heard good and bad about these. I look at it this way - at $299 it is worth a try. $50 for two year replacement plan.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I just got one with a coupon for $299. My friend has had his warn break. I have heard good and bad about these. I look at it this way - at $299 it is worth a try. $50 for two year replacement plan.

Thats how I look at it too. I would be willing to at least give it a shot. I loved reading the fourwheeler review. Gave me some other ideas.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

Jeep_Dawg08

I checked into Engo.. seems the pricing is fairly comparable as the Badlands and it apparently works after being submerged!
Any thoughts??

Atch

I checked into Engo.. seems the pricing is fairly comparable as the Badlands and it apparently works after being submerged!
Any thoughts??

I have the Engo 10k synthetic. I haven't needed to use so I can't speak of how well it works, but I bought it after reading some results of numerous winches side by side. Apparently the Engo held its own in all the categories.

Top Bottom