Stubby bumpers in Hawaii

jbaskin28

Hello, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the subject for me. I've looked around WAL, JKO, JKF, and other misc jeep forums, but still can't find an answer.

The question is, dopes Hawaii have a minimum width requirement on front bumpers??

I read the HRS 291-35.1 and didn't see a width, just a max height of 29 inches. It also says nothing about protecting tires from what I read.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to buy the Smittybilt SRC stinger stubby. If there is a max width, then I can always go with the XRC MOD and get the stinger and mid-width optional pieces.

Thanks for any help!

aldaman

As far as I know, I have only come across bumper height, not width. My '08 had an LOD stubby bumper and it passed inspection several times with no issues. My '12 has the VDP stubby conversion. Both my JKs never had any inspection problems nor been hassled/pulled over by the police for that reason...

jbaskin28

Awesome, that's the answer I was looking for. The up til that, I've only seen jeeps with full or midwidth bumpers. And the stubbies did see didn't have inspections lol.

Thanks!

Top Bottom