build advice and noob questions haha

Otzy

Hey guys,

so im planning my build on my 2009 2 door jk sahara, and i wanted to run over some ideas and thoughts with you guys to clear up my questions and plans.

So i decided to go with 35s for now because i don't have money for a new axle and the re gearing etc and don't even need 37s for anything other than looks at this point. however with that said i want the option to upgrade to 37s without redoing my whole suspension and buying a new lift kit. so i plan on going with a 4" suspension lift and 35s. would putting my body that extra inch higher above the wheels effect the drive and is anyone currently running 4"s with 35s? how is it?

im thinking of either going with a TeraFlex 4" Suspension System With (8) Full FlexArm, With 9550 Shocks, or with the evo mfg 4" Lift Kit ENFORCER Package w/ king shocks. both would come out to around 2400.
does anyone have a preference or tested reviews of either kit? and which would you go with yourselves?

after putting in the new lift ill probably add a coast jk 1310 drive shaft, and then some c gussets to my dana 33 just for added security. would you guys recommend regearing for 35" tires or no?

and then on that ill throw on some 35 inch toyo m/ts or a/ts, not sure which ones i want yet though, a/ts sound nicer for the snow out in colorado, but i haven't found anyone who runs them yet.

thanks for any advice which yall can give me on the build. am i missing anything crucial for the survivability of my vehicle on 4"? and what would you guys do differently.

Here is my opinion, lol.

I would go more around 3.5" lift and run some flat fenders. That will be fine for 35's and 37's while keeping your cg lower.

I personally wouldn't run 37's on a dana 30 but some do. What gearing do you have now, 3.21's? With the 3.8 I would regear it will make a massive difference.

Here is mine on a 2.5" with 35's and flat fenders for reference.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364587008.721557.jpg

Otzy

i love yours haha,

and i know i cant go 37s on a dana 30 which is why im sticking with 35s for now, and i do have 3.21s i believe.

3.5s and flat fenders wouldnt rub at all? in eddies FAQ sticky he recommended 4" at the least for 37s. but i guess that ive heard of people running 35s on stocks after trimming down like crazy, so anythings possible

ya a 3" lift with 35s and trimming your fenders might be your easiest out. as was noted in other posts, this can be achieved with the enforcer with the 3" coils and 35 ready bumps.

andrew -

i love yours haha,

and i know i cant go 37s on a dana 30 which is why im sticking with 35s for now, and i do have 3.21s i believe.

3.5s and flat fenders wouldnt rub at all? in eddies FAQ sticky he recommended 4" at the least for 37s. but i guess that ive heard of people running 35s on stocks after trimming down like crazy, so anythings possible

You should be fine with some trimming. It really depends if you want too or not. I don't think I would run much lower than 4.10's with 35's on the 3.8. Again this is all my opinion ;-) since I've never that exact setup. 4" would be fine I personally would like to stay lower and wider for CG.

Rivertoys

I have an '09 as well. With an RK 2.5" Max tavel and going from 32"s to 315/70's my front bumper went up 6". I personally can't even imaging a 4" lift on a 2dr.... With a wheelbase of only about 8', I don't think I'd want to sit that high. I didn't expect as much as I got....but I like it!
brows.gif

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I run a 3.5" Lift and got all kinds of room, I could clear 37's even with my stock uncut fenders. If youre going with 35's, just get an AEV Procal to correct what the 35's disrupt. Im on 35's and its not that bad, just waiting on my Procal. I am running a Coast 1310 driveshaft. front and rear. 1350 is stronger if you can afford it, but the 1310 has treated me good. The rear wasnt necessary, but I went with it for personal choice. Lift "brand" is personal choice. The Evo Enforcer would have been the lift I personally would have tried if it was out. My 3.5" RK lift is great and fits my needs and my wheelin needs. I will be running 37's on my Dana 30. Im going to Truss it, add new gears (4:88) and chromoly shafts. There should be no reason you couldnt run 37's on a D30, unless you plan on following Eddie in Moby or you dont use your head when wheeling. Smart driving will save you money. If you can, find a Dana 44 front out of a donor JK if thats what "you" feel you need when you hop to 37's. I personally feel that there is a scare factor about the Dana 30. Everyone wants to dog it. Dana 44 over a Dana 30, meh, not that much difference there. Dana 60 over a Dana 30, yes there is a huge difference there, BUT most of those guys are running 40" tires and crawlin over rediculous stuff. Some people run 60"s to be part of the "cool crowd", its like being a jock in high school..lol.. For my personal needs being a daily driver and a weekend wheeler I will stick with the underdog Dana 30. Cheaper to build, cheaper to fix and it only needs a little help in strength to be great.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

BlackKnight

I've been told that you could do 37"s with a 2.5 and a 1 inch body lift after flat fenders with very little rub..

Personally I plan on 3.5", 1" body, and EVO fenders w/trimming for my 37"s...

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
As far as the lift goes I don't think you can go wrong with the Enforcer. If your going to spend that kind of money you might as well not waste it on TF. Just my opinion! I've heard that EVO will do the Enforcer in 3" if you call and request it. That is only if you don't want the extra height.. :twocents:

Otzy

As far as the lift goes I don't think you can go wrong with the Enforcer. If your going to spend that kind of money you might as well not waste it on TF. Just my opinion! I've heard that EVO will do the Enforcer in 3" if you call and request it. That is only if you don't want the extra height.. :twocents:

awesome! ill probably call them and see if i can get a 3.5", and does anyon have pictures of their rigs with 3.5" and 37s? or any videos wheeling? i like the idea quite a bit though, i agree 4" is a bit much, especially on a 2 door.

and the pro cal module looks sick! ive never heard of it before, looks like a great buy.

Top Bottom