What are your guys opinions?

bendalton

Hey im new here and this is my very first post so im sorry if i do something wrong. But I am looking at Jeeps now because its about that time to get a new car and I found this Jeep http://www.bbcmotorsports.com/web/u...lifted-w/-oversize-2007-Dallas-Texas/6941464/. It seems like an amazing deal. Maybe its just too good. Do you think that there is something wrong with it or is that just the price of a jeep like this? It just seems to good to be true. I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions were on it! Thanks in advance!

Skirmish

Not really a deal. The tires are cheap, the lift looks like just springs and shocks. Hard to tell but I think that is the Dana 35 rear. If you are looking for a very clean mall crawler you could probably talk them down to $13,000 which is closer to its worth. You can do better though.

bendalton

Yeah but im trying to not make this too expensive and all the Rubis are pretty expensive where im looking. Any good ideas for where to look? I like in GA but i can just ship it from any part of the country so any good places that you guys could recommend me too would be awesome

bendalton

I guess i should've told you what i was looking for. I am honestly just looking for a mall crawler! I just love the way the jeeps look, and always have, and im finally able to get one! I just wanted to come here and ask y'all about some of the ones im finding cause i know you all know a lot about jeeps! Thanks for all the help you've already given me! I am now looking at a jeep that has about half as many miles as that last one and is a four wheel drive! I know i will be able to talk them down and hopefully be able to join you guys as a fellow jeep owner;)

StrizzyChris

Look for a sport. You can pick one up cheap and it can still be 4wd and nice.

agreed. A Jeep that is 2wd has very poor resale value. Their asking price is high IMHO for the value. They are super clean looking, but you can find a clean "X" model (the sport of 2007-2010) thats about the same mileage range in the same price range(15-18K) on forums.

JK_Jonny305

Hey im new here and this is my very first post so im sorry if i do something wrong. But I am looking at Jeeps now because its about that time to get a new car and I found this Jeep http://www.bbcmotorsports.com/web/u...lifted-w/-oversize-2007-Dallas-Texas/6941464/. It seems like an amazing deal. Maybe its just too good. Do you think that there is something wrong with it or is that just the price of a jeep like this? It just seems to good to be true. I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions were on it! Thanks in advance!

The specs on this Jeep are exactly like mine except mine had 76K miles and was bone stock (with the exception of the fake rubicon stickers). I got mine for $13K. Hopefully that can serve you as a gauge, I just spent $1100 on lifting it and next up is re-gearing and new tires, which I'd say are going to run me close to another $2K. So when you add that up, it comes out to about the same. Granted, I dont know the type of lift and if it's been re-geared. I can tell you that if the wheels are 15" then those tires are actually pretty affordable because they were the ones i was considering until I set my mind on 37s. [[Refer to my "Wave from Miami" post for a pic - I don't have any loaded on this computer]]

bendalton

Guys thank you so much for all your help! You really showed me that there are a ton of amazing deals out there! You guys have been the most helpful forum I've ever been on! I am now looking at forums and the prices are so much better! Thanks again so much!

StrizzyChris

Guys thank you so much for all your help! You really showed me that there are a ton of amazing deals out there! You guys have been the most helpful forum I've ever been on! I am now looking at forums and the prices are so much better! Thanks again so much!

Good luck in your purchase/search! Come back and lets see what you end up buying!

StrizzyChris

I will for sure tell you when and if I can find myself a jeep! I found this one http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...981&searchRadius=25&listingId=343262003&Log=0 at a car dealer ship just ten miles from where i live and i think it sounds like a good deal already. But do you guys think I might be able to talk them down to the $16500-$17000 price range?

this is a 2wd as well...Like the others, this is clean, but 2wd really hurts its value. ESPECIALLY for you as an idividual for resale. Jeep realized their mistake and doesnt even make 2wd an option anymore. If it suits you, and your happy with that price, go for it. But I always look at a vehicle for my needs, AND resale value since I wont own it until it hits the junk yard :twocents:

bendalton

2WD isnt that big of a deal to me because im not going to take it offroading probably. I am hoping to be able to get a decked out Rubi one day in which i can do that in, but for now i just want a jeep that can be my daily driver and still look damn good doing it!

Top Bottom