Ball Joints?

Lane87

So I experienced the Death wobble for the first time yesterday. I haven't yet diagnosed the problem but I've been doing a lot of research and now know what to look for. So here's my question. If it ends up being the ball joints which ones should i go with. Alloy USA or the Synergy Ball joints. This will be my last option but if i determine that's what the problem is i want to know which brand to hurry up and order.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Agreed. Do it once and do it right. Hard to swallow up front but nice to know you'll never have to replace.

StrizzyChris

what makes you think its your ball joints causing your wobble? More often than not, if its true death wobble and not a shimmy, its a track bar bolt thats loose or has wallowed out the mounting hole. Curious to see what your end result is.

Lane87

what makes you think its your ball joints causing your wobble? More often than not, if its true death wobble and not a shimmy, its a track bar bolt thats loose or has wallowed out the mounting hole. Curious to see what your end result is.

I checked my axle side bolts and they seemed to be fine. I was freaking out too much and forgot to check the frame side. I'm at work now so I'm going to do a good look over when i get off. I'm hoping it's the track bar but I'm just preparing myself for the worst.

heybob

Synergy BJ are just fine and greasable. Unless you wheel hard and often you will never abuse the synergy BJ past the breaking point.

If your building a Moab weekly wheeler like Eddie and a lot of the crew here then yes rebuildable dynatrac. If you are like 99% of wheelers and hit the trails 1-2 times a month then synergy.

The main thing is get a good, greaseable, metal on metal joint. The oem joints plastic/Teflon sleeve is the weak point. It wears out under anything but road conditions.

txjeeplover

I purchased a set of Alloy ball joints and it was the WORST MISTAKE I've ever made with any Jeep I've owned! After driving the Jeep with them on for 1,800 miles, I had them replaced with a set of Moog ball joints. I was under the impression that they would break-in, but the handling was far too dangerous. The Alloy ball joints were ridiculously stiff and caused severe handling issues. The Moog joints gave me a smooth ride, greasable joints, and a lifetime warranty.

Tcdawg

I have run the Synergy ball joints for almost 2 years and have had zero problems with them. I expect them to last a long time. 37's and a moderately heavy 4dr, wheeled once a month.

Top Bottom