Spring Lake Arrowhead Run....

MNTN JK

Just did Berdoo Canyon with a fun group and I live up in Lk Arrowhead. I'm putting together a spring run in my neck of the woods. I want to do it in April poss the Sat the 20th. Think about the date....

I was thinking of hitting a trailhead behind my home and working our way to Deep Creek. If anyone wants do the creek (Dishpan) we can but other than that this would be a moderate run except if we run the creek, which is a challenge but not to bad. We can work our way back out of that area to Lake Arrowhead and I was thinking of eating at the best burger joint in the world the Malt Shop in Cedar Glen. Without the creek run it could be a 4-5 hr run plus lunch so what do u think? The sights are great most all woods and water crossing and great for the family ......

We can meet at Valero on the 18 at 900 am. Bring a lunch unless u want to eat at the Malt Shop, which is my plan. The Valero is in Rim Forest, Ca so google it if u want it is up HWY 18 (Waterman exit) off of the 210 FWY just east of the 215 FWY......Mark 714 497-5727

Going.......
MNTN JK
Rubicrawl
Ttfhell
Jags
MXREJECT
SantaMonica

A few others not on WAL are also going....

Maybe Going......
10Frank9
Miramontes
Paychex.308
NETAAA

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
I remember you talking about this yesterday. So would a stock rubi be minimum requirements? I'm checking the date, but want to make sure my rig is capable as a couple others asked.

MNTN JK

Stock sport will make this run just not deep creek but that trail is just an option we can skip it. As far as the rest u just need a 4wheel drive to get up hills in the rough areas but not a bad trail more challenge than the trail we just did all Rubicons can do the creek u might use a rail or two but not that bad its fun and short. If we don't do the creek any 4by can do the rest of the trail.....We will stop at base of the creek so peoole can see it but we don't have to go up it...

JAGS

Hooked
Cool, any chance of making it a Sunday run? Objections/thoughts from the gallery? Got my sons baseball on sats for a while more. Yesterday was off because of holiday weekend.

I don't think I'll be able to make the 20th.

MNTN JK

I'm open to sunday I figured we have time to figure it out but sunday works what's everyone think?

rubicrawl

Sounds cool to me sounds like a blast can't wait works out actually perfect for Sunday cause sat I just found out that I'm going to a bday party so now I can do everything

MNTN JK

Ok Sun April 21st sounds like the new day please give me ur name and if going or poss going thanks.....I was thinking that after mod run we can figure out if anyone wants to do Deep Creek and do it then. We will finish only a few miles from that trail si we can head there to do that one later in the day.....

rubicrawl

Ok Sun April 21st sounds like the new day please give me ur name and if going or poss going thanks.....I was thinking that after mod run we can figure out if anyone wants to do Deep Creek and do it then. We will finish only a few miles from that trail si we can head there to do that one later in the day.....

Put me in as yes ill be there

MNTN JK

Ya i will be doing the creek as well so again the main run will be moderate and fun after that we will gather and ill take whoever wants up Deep creek.......

JAGS

Hooked
Put me down as a yes for the main run, Sun 4/21. :yup:

I'm open to the additional creek section too, just depends if I have the kids or not. Wife is working that weekend, but I'll try to get grandma to take the kids. Then I wont be worried on stretching them to long being trapped in the back seats.

That creek area....is it OK for a stock JKUR? Or you need/should have 35s for that section. That may also sway me. :thinking:

MNTN JK

I've seen a little lift on a jeep with open diffs do it a stock rubi can do it will use ur rock rails sliders would b nice to have there are big rocks to get around and over ck out the run on utube might help u out with what its like......I running it hope to have my 35's but ill run it with stock bfg's and mt 2 inch lift if i dont have my bigger tires.....

JAGS

Hooked
I've seen a little lift on a jeep with open diffs do it a stock rubi can do it will use ur rock rails sliders would b nice to have there are big rocks to get around and over ck out the run on utube might help u out with what its like......I running it hope to have my 35's but ill run it with stock bfg's and mt 2 inch lift if i dont have my bigger tires.....

Hmmm. maybe I can get 10frank9 to help me with my TFBB before then. :thinking:;)

Top Bottom