Help trouble code... Maybe dynomax cause ??

wbmiller32

I just bought a 2013 JKU about 3 weeks ago and have put on about 800 miles so far. I bought a dynomax exhaust bolt on super turbo muffler from quadratec and put in on 2 nights ago. Everything else is stock. It was running fine the first day and then last night I started it up and it felt like the engine had a misfire and great loss of power and the CEL came on. I pulled the code and it's a (PO152 which is an 02 sensor circuit high voltage bank 2 sensor 1). I'm wondering if the dynomax had something to do with it or if there is a bigger cause. I've got a 95 YJ and have been a jeep guy my whole life but the JK is all new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I am guessing its a coincidence. However, there was someone else here that had an issue with it right after putting it on though. He put the old exhaust back on and took it to the dealer. I can't remember how it was resolved, but I do not believe it was the exhaust.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

StrizzyChris

I just bought a 2013 JKU about 3 weeks ago and have put on about 800 miles so far. I bought a dynomax exhaust bolt on super turbo muffler from quadratec and put in on 2 nights ago. Everything else is stock. It was running fine the first day and then last night I started it up and it felt like the engine had a misfire and great loss of power and the CEL came on. I pulled the code and it's a (PO152 which is an 02 sensor circuit high voltage bank 2 sensor 1). I'm wondering if the dynomax had something to do with it or if there is a bigger cause. I've got a 95 YJ and have been a jeep guy my whole life but the JK is all new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As stated another guy had a code from installing his dynomax exhaust. I installed mine about 3 weeks ago. I then drove it 2500miles across country without any problems. Two days ago, after getting gas, my check engine light came on. I thought maybe it was a loose gas cap so I opened it and re-tightened it, but the light stayed on. So I unhooked the battery overnight and it hasnt been back on yet. I hope it doesnt, but I am stating to think coincidence is not likely sine many people are getting this. Not sure why it would cause a code though :thinking:

wbmiller32

I took the jeep to the dealer yesterday and gave the service writer the code po152 and told him that it felt like a miss and showed him the cel was still on. He said that he would get it figured out and I should have it by the end of the day. The dealer called me about 8 hours later and said it was ready for pick up. When I got there they told me there was no CEL on and that there was no codes in the system and everything was fine so they didn't do anything. Needless to say I kinda argued with them a little and said I've had it here twice already since I've bought it a month ago. They said to take it home that they couldn't do anything without the code, even though I gave it to them ?!!?! So I left and about 20 min later I was driving home around 40 mph and it skipped and felt like a cyl dropped out for a second and I had a few seconds of power loss, but no CEL came on this time. I called this morning and they say without a check eng light or a code they would just be wasting their time.
Not sure what to do now, need advice please

FoxC

I took the jeep to the dealer yesterday and gave the service writer the code po152 and told him that it felt like a miss and showed him the cel was still on. He said that he would get it figured out and I should have it by the end of the day. The dealer called me about 8 hours later and said it was ready for pick up. When I got there they told me there was no CEL on and that there was no codes in the system and everything was fine so they didn't do anything. Needless to say I kinda argued with them a little and said I've had it here twice already since I've bought it a month ago. They said to take it home that they couldn't do anything without the code, even though I gave it to them ?!!?! So I left and about 20 min later I was driving home around 40 mph and it skipped and felt like a cyl dropped out for a second and I had a few seconds of power loss, but no CEL came on this time. I called this morning and they say without a check eng light or a code they would just be wasting their time.
Not sure what to do now, need advice please

Try and drive it in to the dealer with CEL on. Most dealers are not going to take action unless they read the code themselves. I had something similar to this. It was a mapping error in my case. It happened twice after leaving a stop sign. It felt like a miss or lag in the throttle. It didn't stall completely out, but was very noticeable. Dealer did a software update and it hasn't happened again. I hope this helps.

wbmiller32

Took to the dealer again yesterday and talked to the head of the service department he was really nice and made sure I was satisfied with my new wrangler. He personally saw everything through and the problem was just a bad O2 sensor. Works great now.

Top Bottom