JKS front control arms

Paws

Looks
Like they adjust like any other adjustable arms. Screw it in and out. What I don't see is the jam nut. Would be nice if this was enough. Interesting though.

StrizzyChris

my only problem is that they have a poly bushing(like oem) at both ends, and they cost a lot for what they are! I would go with Rock Krawler, Poly Performance, or Currie Arms before I spent that much for what these are. Never ran them, so maybe someone else can comment on how good/bad they are.

StrizzyChris

The bushings aren't a "like OEM poly", but rather

From JKS site

Take CONTROL of your Jeep® suspension with new upper and lower Control Arms from JKS. The adjustable design allows the user to control caster and pinion angle, as well as position the axle housing for proper tire clearance. Furthermore, each end of the control arm can rotate independently to accommodate extreme suspension travel off-road.
JKS Control Arms utilize greasable brass bearings for smooth, reliable operation and excellent longevity. Fine pitch adjustment threads ensure superior strength and unsurpassed tuning ability. With over 3" of adjustment, the working length of each JKS Control Arm can be increased, decreased or exactly the same as the OE suspension arm.
Constructed of heavy-gauge steel tubing and MIG welded for quality and consistency, our Control Arms are much stronger and resistant to impact than the original suspension arms. New OE rubber bushings are used to isolate road noise and vibrations without over-stressing the mounting brackets. Finally, a durable powdercoat finish and zinc plating provide excellent corrosion protection.

So I misspoke previously. Its not a poly bushing but rather a rubber bushing. But its still a bushing and it wont have the shelf life of any of those other mentioned joints with a lot of flex

ichthus

Let me try that again, not sure why it sent early.

The bushings aren't a "like OEM poly", but rather, they are OEM rubber. JKS literally installs factory rubber bushings. For a dedicated trail rig or Jeep that sees extensive severe trail use, the rubber could be a weakness. They will be quieter, longer living and provide better impact isolation than a lot of the cheap poly bushings found in the aftermarket.

My mind is early-morning-fuzzy right now, but is it a heim-joint that would be replace the bushings for severe use? Typically rebuildable, greaseable, and, more flexible than bushings, but noisier and lacking in impact isolation, less comfortable on a daily driven occasional weekend warrior...

I installed JKS adjustable front track bars on both of our 08's (along with a Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer, this cured our death wobble), and was very happy with the product. That they aren't JUST made in America, but are based not too far from The Black Hills (near where I grew up), gives me warm fuzzies, so I maybe I have a bias. I am considering their J-Spec 2" lift for my wife's '13 JKU...

StrizzyChris

My mind is early-morning-fuzzy right now, but is it a heim-joint that would be replace the bushings for severe use? Typically rebuildable, greaseable, and, more flexible than bushings, but noisier and lacking in impact isolation, less comfortable on a daily driven occasional weekend warrior...

I installed JKS adjustable front track bars on both of our 08's (along with a Bilstein 5100 steering stabilizer, this cured our death wobble), and was very happy with the product. That they aren't JUST made in America, but are based not too far from The Black Hills (near where I grew up), gives me warm fuzzies, so I maybe I have a bias. I am considering their J-Spec 2" lift for my wife's '13 JKU...

Im with you for sure on this one. Made in america is big for me as well. I actually have this exact front track bar waiting to be installed when I install my coilovers. And for a daily driver, the bushings will help with the ride especially compared to a heim :icon_crazy:

And Strizzy goes straight to the source. Nice :)

:thankyou: :bleh:

aaronstephen

Im with you for sure on this one. Made in america is big for me as well. I actually have this exact front track bar waiting to be installed when I install my coilovers. And for a daily driver, the bushings will help with the ride especially compared to a heim :icon_crazy:

:thankyou: :bleh:

I just installed this track bar over the weekend. I was surprised to see how much bigger it was than the OE track bar.

I am putting a lift together rather than just buying a kit. I really want to pick out each component that I like. This is a DD as well as my off road toy. If it's worth the extra funds to pay a little more to get superior parts than its worth it to me.

Sent from my wayalife app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have installed and run a full set of JKS control arms. They adjust about screwing in or out the end as mentioned and no jam nut is provided on purpose. By it's design, the arm is allowed to rotate to give you greater bind free flex. OE clevite bushings are used to provide a long lasting comfortable ride that will remain squeak free. These are actually really nice but, very pricey.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was looking at these the other day and was going to post and ask about them since they dont seem to have a lock nut which had me confused. I wonder if they do this for flex or something.

aaronstephen

I have installed and run a full set of JKS control arms. They adjust about screwing in or out the end as mentioned and no jam nut is provided on purpose. By it's design, the arm is allowed to rotate to give you greater bind free flex. OE clevite bushings are used to provide a long lasting comfortable ride that will remain squeak free. These are actually really nice but, very pricey.

Thanks Eddie for your thoughts. I am leaning in this direction. We'll see. :)

Sent from my wayalife app

Top Bottom