EVO Drag Link Flip Kit

JethroJK

Does this kit correct axle centering as well as geometry or just geometry? Ultimately I am wondering do I need to buy an adjustable track bar and this or just this? I am off about 1/2 inch center on front axle and I am planning on buying ATB but if this will correct centering, might as well buy flip kit because it will adjust geometry too.

StrizzyChris

how much lift do you have? This is meant for 3" or more lift. It centers your axle by moving the trackbar inwards on the axle AND it raises it to correct the steep angle created by lifting the jeep. If your around 3-4.5" of lift, then you wont need a new track bar. If you have a lot of lift, you will want to consider an adjustable in conjunction. If you only have a 1.5 or 2.5 BB lift, you can just do an adjustable track bar and skip the flip drag link.

JethroJK

2.5 inch lift. So just a ATB and I will be good but didn't know if doing the flip kit would do the same and set me up for future lift. Cost wise, ATB would be the way to go.

StrizzyChris

2.5 inch lift. So just a ATB and I will be good but didn't know if doing the flip kit would do the same and set me up for future lift. Cost wise, ATB would be the way to go.

Just be sure that whatever track bar you go with, that it clears your diff cover. Some of them have clearance issues with covers that protrude a bit

ghostjk

I think the drag link flip is great. I got the evo for my prorock. With 2.5 of lift I think it would be fine to do the flip, but off road evolution could answer that better then I could. I also have the teraflex ATB on the front. I can say that the monster trac bar is huge and strong. Which is what I wanted. I would get the flip so I could have corrected steering geometry, and the ATB, Teraflex or JKS, and you'd be set if you ever get a bigger lift. You deffinetly can't go wrong with corrected steering

JethroJK

I think the drag link flip is great. I got the evo for my prorock. With 2.5 of lift I think it would be fine to do the flip, but off road evolution could answer that better then I could. I also have the teraflex ATB on the front. I can say that the monster trac bar is huge and strong. Which is what I wanted. I would get the flip so I could have corrected steering geometry, and the ATB, Teraflex or JKS, and you'd be set if you ever get a bigger lift. You deffinetly can't go wrong with corrected steering

Thanks for the info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At just 2.5" of lift, you really don't need to do anything at all. Sure, your axle will be off center from the lift but, that'll happen any time you change the height of your Jeep (this happens simply when you add more passengers) due to the fact that you have track bars. If you want to center your axle at a normal ride height, a basic adjustable front track bar is all you want and need. SOME aftermarket diff covers can cause some clearance problems but not all. The more lift you have, the less of a problem this is.

Having said all that, I would only install an EVO draglink flip/track bar relocation kit IF you have 3" of lift or more. This kit will correct the geometry of BOTH the drag link and track bar and it is critical that you do both at the same time. Installing this kit will allow you to retain your very strong factory track bar and for the most part, recenter your axle as well. Again, the position of your axle is relative to the ride height of your Jeep and it being off a bit one side to the other is no big deal. Of course, you can also run an adjustable track bar with it if you so desire but, I wouldn't and don't.

JethroJK

At just 2.5" of lift, you really don't need to do anything at all. Sure, your axle will be off center from the lift but, that'll happen any time you change the height of your Jeep (this happens simply when you add more passengers) due to the fact that you have track bars. If you want to center your axle at a normal ride height, a basic adjustable front track bar is all you want and need. SOME aftermarket diff covers can cause some clearance problems but not all. The more lift you have, the less of a problem this is.

Having said all that, I would only install an EVO draglink flip/track bar relocation kit IF you have 3" of lift or more. This kit will correct the geometry of BOTH the drag link and track bar and it is critical that you do both at the same time. Installing this kit will allow you to retain your very strong factory track bar and for the most part, recenter your axle as well. Again, the position of your axle is relative to the ride height of your Jeep and it being off a bit one side to the other is no big deal. Of course, you can also run an adjustable track bar with it if you so desire but, I wouldn't and don't.

So since I don't have 3" inches don't do the flip kit? So with 2.5 do the ATB and leave it alone is what I understand. Now if in the future I go with a higher lift reinstall the factory track bar and install flip kit? Is that what I am understanding you are running, flip kit and factory track bar? I appreciate the info. Just making sure best bang for the buck and future mods.

Jeeper_2010

I recently installed the RK 3.5" lift. I have front upper and lower control arms. I have a noticeable shimmy when crossing the railroad tracks. It not unbearable but not fun either. Will a drag link flip help me? How difficult are they to install?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So since I don't have 3" inches don't do the flip kit? So with 2.5 do the ATB and leave it alone is what I understand. Now if in the future I go with a higher lift reinstall the factory track bar and install flip kit? Is that what I am understanding you are running, flip kit and factory track bar? I appreciate the info. Just making sure best bang for the buck and future mods.

I apologize for missing this question. To answer it, what I would say is just leave well enough alone IF you think you will be going taller in the relative near future. Once you do, install a drag link flip/track bar relocation at that time. That will give you the most bang for your buck and you won't have any problems. IF you think you will stay at 2.5" for a long time to come and IF your axle being a bit off center bothers you, an adjustable front track bar will help address this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I recently installed the RK 3.5" lift. I have front upper and lower control arms. I have a noticeable shimmy when crossing the railroad tracks. It not unbearable but not fun either. Will a drag link flip help me? How difficult are they to install?

Being that you just installed a lift, I would double check your front track bar to make sure that the bolts are tightened to 125 ft. lbs. of torque. Could be you just have a loose bolt and, if you leave that unchecked for too long, it will wollow out your mounting holes making it easier for you to get death wobble.

JethroJK

I apologize for missing this question. To answer it, what I would say is just leave well enough alone IF you think you will be going taller in the relative near future. Once you do, install a drag link flip/track bar relocation at that time. That will give you the most bang for your buck and you won't have any problems. IF you think you will stay at 2.5" for a long time to come and IF your axle being a bit off center bothers you, an adjustable front track bar will help address this.

No problem and I appreciate the response. Probably will be 2.5 for some time. I am going with a adjustable trackbar. Just trying to figure out which one to get. Next though, EVO c gussets!

suicideking

Anyone know what the Evo drag link flip costs?

I looked at their site yesterday and today and they don't have a price posted. I emailed yesterday, but haven't hear back yet.

Rivertoys

When installing the Evo flip kit, should you just shorten the trackbar until it lines up with the new hole location? I assume that would put the horizontal axle placement in the same place it was before the install. Is that a good assumption?

I am running an RK adjustable track bar. My front axle was off-center a bit going into this project, but so is the rear, which is not yet adjustable. At some point I will put an adjustable in the rear, and center them both.....

Top Bottom