Skid protection

silverbackjk

I am looking to get some sort of skid system for my jeep i am looking at the EVO Manufacturing JK 07-11, Full Protek Skid System - Automatic. Do i need the full set up or just the oil pan skid, Auto trans skid & transfer case skid. Do i need the exhaust cross member skid to the jeep comes with this stock. Seems just like a waste of money. What does everyone recommend?

DJCFHB

From the research i did before heading out to Moab for a week of crawling, i found the oil pan skid was the only necessary addition along with evap skid or relocation for an 07-11.

the oil pan skid is the only drivetrain skid that is not included i the stock skid system. u can save the $ and buy just that and then replace/upgrade as needed.

andrew -

StrizzyChris

I am looking to get some sort of skid system for my jeep i am looking at the EVO Manufacturing JK 07-11, Full Protek Skid System - Automatic. Do i need the full set up or just the oil pan skid, Auto trans skid & transfer case skid. Do i need the exhaust cross member skid to the jeep comes with this stock. Seems just like a waste of money. What does everyone recommend?

You will absolutely need an oil pan skid. There is nothing from the factory protecting this! There's a thin skid bar protecting your transmission but it is small and there is a transmission cooler line that is hanging down just waiting to be snagged. the cross member is the one I would say is most "optional", but I got my system on sale through northridge and went with the added protection. I believe there are a few long arm systems that you may not be able to use the cross member skid with but not sure what system it is :thinking:

EDIT: Crap, just saw 07-11. Info I posted was for 2012+

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oil pan needs protecting for sure. The factory automatic transmission skid will do the job fine but, the EVO skid will give your front drive shaft more breathing room and over all more ground clearance. If you haven't already beat up your cross member, the EVO skid for it will help protect it and help prevent the need to replace it in the future.

desertrunner

i have the full protek system on mine and i will say the oil pan is a huge MUST while the others are 100% necessary after 4 days in moab i have some good scrapes in my crossmember skid not to say the stock ones wont do the job but it is nice having the piece of mind that when i scrape the bottom on some of the steep climbs and descents that everything under there is protected is nice. my tranny skid still looks pretty much brand new but i also have a manual so its a bit more tucked up in there
this is what i oil pan looked like before i decided to finally put skids on and it looks like i caught it just in time before i did some serious damage to it
IMAG0243.jpg
i also picked up this off of northridge and judging by all the scrapes on it after moab it was a good investment
IMAG0290.jpg
it sits right up under the rear diff and came in handy when dragging the diff over rocks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I gotta look into some new/better skid protection then if I want to start doing harder trails after these posts. Good looks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I gotta look into some new/better skid protection then if I want to start doing harder trails after these posts. Good looks!!!

"new/better"? You mean as compared to what comes from the factory? If so, I personally wouldn't bother and would just focus on protecting things that have no protection now. After 6+ years of wheeling our Jeep from stock to what it is now, our factory skids are still holding up just fine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ahh ok well good to know Eddie thanks! Yea jut need to add the oil pan skid as a must then maybe the crossmember skid as well

Top Bottom