Crossing North America in a JK: My move to Alaska

Chairokey

On February 18th 2013, my wife and I decided we weren't happy here in what is quickly becoming the desert of Abilene Texas. I've been here for 6 years and in this short time I've watched the lakes and rivers dry up to almost non existence. Ready for a life change, we decided that we are still young, we have no kids holding us back yet, it's time to create memories we can share with our children and hopefully be an inspiration to others who are unhappy with their current circumstances.

Here it is, March 31st. We've sold our house to very good friends, and we've tied up all our Texan loose ends. When we wake up in the morning, we will begin our journey to across the country to Anchorage Alaska! We'll have a few stops along the way visiting friends and family, and of course taking in some of the most beautiful scenery that this country has to offer.

So please check in as I document our Journey. Until tomorrow, good night!

Tripod

Good luck on your adventure. I have always wanted to move to Alaska.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Congrats. Wish you the best of luck and safe travels. I am subscribed and look forward to seeing you're journey northwest.

j3rs3yd3vil

Subscribed, good luck! And safe travels. Used to live in texas, tornado sent us packing though back in 95'.

Lane87

Subscribed! I've always wanted to do something like this! Good Luck can't wait to see your updates!

TrailBear

Good luck, drive safe, enjoy all the beautiful sights and watch out for moose!

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

JAGS

Hooked
Alaska is absolutely an awesome place. My wife, two young kids and I vacationed there a couple years back. The people and the land have/hold great cultural and historical pride. Your travels will surely bring many great memories. Best of luck as you start a new chapter.

Chairokey

OMG!!!!

Haha I didn't even notice! She's laughing at that now lol

I promise I didn't take her against her will lol

MNTN JK

Have fun I'm moving my family back to my home state of Michigan this summer can't wait have fun....

BONDSY

Wow, to uproot and move to Alaska is a big decision. I hope it goes smoothly, keep us updated on your journey.:yup:

Top Bottom