Smittybilt

billybob990

Has anyone used a Smittybilt front bumper with the stinger that's welded on? Does the stinger get in the way and are they strong?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Like this?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364843511.985644.jpg
It doesn't get in the way. The bumper is strong, but the stinger is not very stout. I regret buying Smittybilt. I've seen them bend back when they are involved in crashes. I will be selling mine and buying something with the stinger welded on with gussets.

billybob990

Like this?
View attachment 22009
It doesn't get in the way. The bumper is strong, but the stinger is not very stout. I regret buying Smittybilt. I've seen them bend back when they are involved in crashes. I will be selling mine and buying something with the stinger welded on with gussets.

Nice pic, I can weld my own gussets in no problem, but my biggest thing is, does it get in the way when working on it since its welded on, didn't know if I should look for one like EVO 1/4 pounder since I could remove the stinger. I'm trying to get it ready for next summer for my Tennessee trip.

CRAZYCASEY

My old smittybilt bumper is very strong however the new ones are nothing like the old ones. I would spend a little more money on something quality.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nice pic, I can weld my own gussets in no problem, but my biggest thing is, does it get in the way when working on it since its welded on, didn't know if I should look for one like EVO 1/4 pounder since I could remove the stinger. I'm trying to get it ready for next summer for my Tennessee trip.

It does not get in the way. I've done plenty of wrenching and never had issues with the stinger.

billybob990

My old smittybilt bumper is very strong however the new ones are nothing like the old ones. I would spend a little more money on something quality.

I know a lot of people don't like Smittybilt since it moved to China, I could see where they would get weaker since moving there, its a 250 dollar bumper that I can strengthen up myself but are they so weak that there not worth try to mod

BlackRubi

Love my Smittybilt front bumper/stinger. Does not get in the way and helps determine distance from objects in front of you.
IMG_20130324_205208_zpsfc442009.jpg

CRAZYCASEY

billybob990 said:
I know a lot of people don't like Smittybilt since it moved to China, I could see where they would get weaker since moving there, its a 250 dollar bumper that I can strengthen up myself but are they so weak that there not worth try to mod

If you plan on your bumper being used as a "bumper" I would opt for something a little stronger. I'm sure it will be fine if you don't plan on banging it up

Attachments

• image-1655339550.jpg
    image-1655339550.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-2992132252.jpg
    image-2992132252.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 69

billybob990

If you plan on your bumper being used as a "bumper" I would opt for something a little stronger. I'm sure it will be fine if you don't plan on banging it up

I'm not going to be do major wheeling, just need some protection on trails and thought its was a good deal

CRAZYCASEY

It is a great deal just as long as you don't put it into a big rock. Then it will just be a $300 mistake. It might be worth spending a little more just for the safety factor on the streets .

Top Bottom