Dumb Question But...

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
...how do you remove the front emblem without a hair dryer? lol I searched the forum to Jeep Badge Removal, Badge Removal, Jeep Badge, Jeep Removal...etc and cant find anything. I don't have a hair dryer cause I'm a male (ooga-ooga) and I don't have acces to a out door plug in near enough to a parking lot without running a long ass extension cord or finding someone with a power converter thingy.

I was thinking about PlastiDipping it black since I have enough of my old can left to dip it but now I'm diggin the idea of it being gone. Tips for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

THANKS!
- Kenny-g

Rule18

...how do you remove the front emblem without a hair dryer? lol I searched the forum to Jeep Badge Removal, Badge Removal, Jeep Badge, Jeep Removal...etc and cant find anything. I don't have a hair dryer cause I'm a male (ooga-ooga) and I don't have acces to a out door plug in near enough to a parking lot without running a long ass extension cord or finding someone with a power converter thingy.

I was thinking about PlastiDipping it black since I have enough of my old can left to dip it but now I'm diggin the idea of it being gone. Tips for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

THANKS!
- Kenny-g

Hot day, dental floss, goo gone and some patience.

mtnbiker995

Magnifying glass on a sunny day and direct the sunlight...be careful of making it too hot though!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkpete

Also there is a person on eBay that sells the emblem in black for like $10 normally when you pull them the tape tears and its probably cheaper to buy one of these and put it on after you pull yours. They are actual mopar parts too.

Attachments

• image-3920057813.jpg
    image-3920057813.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 139

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
There really isn't another way then? That sucks...I already have the PlastiDip so I'll just use that if I wanna go to black. It's paid for lol I wish I could believe that the hot day idea would work but it'd have to be REALLY REALLY hot for that to work. Damn.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
^ does it need to be super hot for that to work or will the sawing eventually cut through it?

Jeepmaverick

My girlfriend bought the black one off eBay for her jeep and it came with two so she gave me one(if I'd put them both on)...just took my kershaw knife and popped em right off, removed any stickiness left over by rubbing it with my thumb. Worked perfectly without scratching or chipping paint.

I live in Texas but temp was consistently in the 50s at the time...don't know bout heat effect.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364973911.903867.jpg

Philip *AZ*

Banned
dental floss and a sawing motion. also low test fishing line, same theory

^^^This^^^
If you dont have a heat gun, fishing line would work better than dental floss. Fishing line is obviously stronger. Heating the emblem would help a great deal though.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

BlackKnight

More or less yes, it just can't reach the same temp, Heat guns can blow hot enought to light paper and flamable materials on fire on the hottest setting (been there, done that LOL). But a heat guns low setting would be about the highest setting on a hair dryer, and that would be the highest setting you would want to use on anything near the paint on your vehicle..

Just don't heat things while they are on cardboard, thinking that the card board would protect the table. it's not a pretty pic when you light things on fire in your basement workshop.

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

I removed the chrome ones from both my rigs and replaced them with black ones. I just peeled it off, then used paper towels and a lot of windex to get the rest off. It takes a minute, but worked out great!

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I removed the chrome ones from both my rigs and replaced them with black ones. I just peeled it off, then used paper towels and a lot of windex to get the rest off. It takes a minute, but worked out great!

I pulled mine off with my fingers, and then removed the double stick foam tape that was left behind.

Thanks, I'll try using my fingers or one of my pocket knifes that I have. I'll report back if I screw up lol

Top Bottom