Clearcoat damage on my hood.

Ctowns

So it looks like someone either spit on or poured a small amount of something on my hood on the passenger side that damaged my clear coat because I have a spot about 1 1/2 inch diameter and a 1/4-3/8 inch line where it ran off/down the hood.

Any options to address this myself or will I be getting my hood repainted?

Halas

Sounds like vandalism, you better have the insurance company replace it with a aev hood.

Just kidding!

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Unfortunately you will need to repaint it. You dont need to repaint the entire hood though. A good painter should be able to repair that spot. The painter can feather in the spot so it looks like it never happened. If it doesnt cost you a crap load go through your insurane company and see if they will do a vandalism claim for you. Then the entire hood will get repainted anyway. Call around to body shops and see if they can hook you up though. Im sure there is a painter that will do a side job on the cheap for you.

Ctowns

Bummer but thanks for the info. I'll give the body shop a call.

Just wish i knew who/what caused it.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Honestly, it looks like a bird crap spot. But I have never seen bird poo do that. Something very acidic is what caused the damage. Maybe you just happend to park somewhere that something dripped down.. Im just trying to think of what could have done that too.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I highly doubt it went threw every layer of clear. Wet sand it with some 2000 grit an buff it an I bet it comes out.

Ctowns

Here's another pic of it. Just below the main spot you can see what looks like swirls of whatever caused it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364859848.316283.jpg

Brankz

Hey try this before u paint it ok. Buy from auto zone does lil paint pens and buy the metallic black 1 . Paint it with the lil brush in circle motions and when it drys buff it With the machine and with wax , Some thing similar happen to me and I fix it like that.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
So, I finally got a hold of my dad. I showed him your pic. He said that with the clear coat being damaged like that and with the rough feeling youre going to need to have it repainted. I figure with his 30 years of collision repair and being a master painter he knows what he is talkin about. Thats the best I can help you boss..

Ctowns

So, I finally got a hold of my dad. I showed him your pic. He said that with the clear coat being damaged like that and with the rough feeling youre going to need to have it repainted. I figure with his 30 years of collision repair and being a master painter he knows what he is talkin about. Thats the best I can help you boss..

Thanks Philip, this is the route I'm going. After looking at it more today and feeling how rough it feels I don't want to take any chances trying to repair it myself so I'm going to take it to the body shop. I appreciate the follow up.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
No problem. He is teaching me how to weld and paint. He says "You're gonna learn this so you will stop buggin me." Lol

Im a Detention Officer. If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

TheDuff

Maybe it was Nail polish remover? U piss any ladies off recently?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom