New suspension

iellouis

Hi,
I've had my first Jeep for 9 months and I'm now serouisly thinkng about lifting it.
So I was was looking for a 2,5" lift or a 3" lift and I don't want to pay to much, but I know that I get what I pay for.
So, my question is What are the new parts that I will need to lift my JK?
I've heard pros and cons the Rough country lift kits. Any suggestion?

From a guy that doesn't want to spend his money on something that he won't like.:)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I've had my first Jeep for 9 months and I'm now serouisly thinkng about lifting it.
So I was was looking for a 2,5" lift or a 3" lift and I don't want to pay to much, but I know that I get what I pay for.
So, my question is What are the new parts that I will need to lift my JK?
I've heard pros and cons the Rough country lift kits. Any suggestion?

From a guy that doesn't want to spend his money on something that he won't like.:)

honestly, you really do get what you pay for and i would steer clear of the RC lifts. i have personally installed and tested out their 2.5" and 4" kits and suffice it to say, they aren't that great. assuming you're only looking to clear 35" tires, i would recommend that you get something like a full-traction premium plus 3" kit or even a teraflex 2.5" lift.

simba

Hello Eddie,
How would you rate the AEV lift kits? AEV has released a 2.5" lift kit. Would you recommend this lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Eddie,
How would you rate the AEV lift kits? AEV has released a 2.5" lift kit. Would you recommend this lift?

it's new and so i have no personal experience with it but, it looks a whole like all the other 2.5" lift kits out on the market and, unlike their other lifts, this one seems to be priced more reasonably. in truth, most 2.5" are all about the same and it's hard to make one better than the next. the biggest difference you will see is in what all you get with it.

Suppose that I'm going with the 3" full-traction lift what will I need to buy?

the "premium plus" kit they offer comes pretty complete. with 3" of lift, you just want to make sure that you get a kit that comes with an adjustable front track bar and optimally, a set of adjustable lower or upper front control arms so that you can set your caster. if you have a 2-door, a set of adjustable rear uppers are good to have as well as you will need to change out your rear drive shaft sooner than later. when you do that, you will have to set your rear pinion angle and the upper arms will help you to do that.

Top Bottom