Gear up

badassbrass

I need to know which gear i should get!
I mostly offroading,not my DD, but run it all week end. I'm on 35" Sahara 2012(3:21). Rarely on highway, So i need something all around, leaning toward offroading

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, on a 2012 with it's 3.6L motor, I would say that's a bit too high of a gear ratio for 35's. Just to make sure, have you properly calibrated your speedometer after installing your new tires?

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I need to know which gear i should get!
I mostly offroading,not my DD, but run it all week end. I'm on 35" Sahara 2012(3:21). Rarely on highway, So i need something all around, leaning toward offroading

How does your power feel with the 35"s on 3:21? I am thinking of going 35"s too, on 3:21's

Eddie, would 4:88 be better?

badassbrass

Actually, on a 2012 with it's 3.6L motor, I would say that's a bit too high of a gear ratio for 35's. Just to make sure, have you properly calibrated your speedometer after installing your new tires?

Nope ! Did'nt calibrate! I'm 10km under. So, while rolling at 100 i'm at 110km/h

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug

I have the 2012 auto/3.6L 3:21 32" now,
If you run 3:21 with 35"'s and calibrate, will it run sluggish low power?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nope ! Did'nt calibrate! I'm 10km under. So, while rolling at 100 i'm at 110km/h

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Before you spend the money on new gears, I would give that a try first as it will get your shift points back to where they need to be. You may find that this is all that you need to do.

I have the 2012 auto/3.6L 3:21 32" now,
If you run 3:21 with 35"'s and calibrate, will it run sluggish low power?

It shouldn't be too bad so long as you recalibrate your speedo. I am running 37's now with 4.10 gears and, while new gears would be nice to have, I can still pull fast and far ahead of any 3.8L with new gears.

4.56 will get you back to stock + a little better performance. If you do a lot of highway driving this is the best ratio for you. If its a more around town Jeep with highway occasionally I would go with 4.88.

Is it a 2-door?

FoxC

A ran my 2012 jku, 35's with 3.73 and it felt fine to me. 4.56 and 35's should be spot on with the pentastar. 4.88 and 35's will be fun around town for sure. I'm running 4.88 with 37's now and love it.

1yellowjk

How does your power feel with the 35"s on 3:21? I am thinking of going 35"s too, on 3:21's

I'm running KM2 35x12.50x15's with 3:21's, it's not horrible until you try and crawl with it....I'm going 4:88's soon.

6 speed btw on my 2012 2 dr

gtony12

Caught the Bug
4.56 will get you back to stock + a little better performance. If you do a lot of highway driving this is the best ratio for you. If its a more around town Jeep with highway occasionally I would go with 4.88.

Is it a 2-door?

2012 auto / 2 door

Top Bottom