no fenders

Skirmish

The Falkens treated me well, I switched to KM2's a couple months back to get a comparison and on the rocks they seem about the same. Sidewalls are amazing on them and they are great on the road. The only difference I see with the KM2 really is the Falkens didn't chunk up like the BFGs and KM2 are a little louder.

desertrunner

is your jeep a daily driver? only a few states that will allow a road vehicle to not have fenders :thinking:

yes mine is my DD but im hoping in 2-3 years it wont be and when i did my front fender chop i kinda liked the look of them off but the wheel wells do look a little ugly with no fenders. I do kinda like the look of the trail mods fenders though those arent bad i was just curious if anyone did a full chop trimming back the sheet metal like you see on a ton of XJs

Skirmish

I made my own flat fenders out of 1/8" aluminum. The wells did look horrible uncovered but some flat black spray made them nice again.

Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364954206.022248.jpg

After
IMGP1698_zps99ae9e5c.jpg

desertrunner

that flat black paint does make a world of a difference :thumb: and being that mine is white i would definitely have to do this

FrankenJeeper

The Falkens treated me well, I switched to KM2's a couple months back to get a comparison and on the rocks they seem about the same. Sidewalls are amazing on them and they are great on the road. The only difference I see with the KM2 really is the Falkens didn't chunk up like the BFGs and KM2 are a little louder.

How many miles did you get out of the Falken's?

I switched from KM2's to the Falken's. my set of BFG's were awesome offroad, but they were horrible on road and were a pain to balance.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skirmish

I'm probably painting the grill black next which doesn't leave a lot of Cherry Red left. Maybe I should have bought a black jeep? ;)

I only ran the Falkens for 14,000 but they looked new when I took them off other than some gouges in the sidewalls. A buddy is still running them and they look like they will last a long time.

1yellowjk

f you have any type of meat on you tire I woudn't recommend running no fenders on a DD, you will kick up stuff like no bodies bidness. Also most states require a certain amount of tire coverage, even down south here in Louisiana we require coverage of anything over 7"....be carefull.

StrizzyChris

f you have any type of meat on you tire I woudn't recommend running no fenders on a DD, you will kick up stuff like no bodies bidness.

agreed! What little my 12.5" wide Muds sticck out is already thrown up quite a bit. Would hate to see it if I didnt have the fenders on, unless i didnt care about my paint/body.

Skirmish

NV doesn't care about fenders (probably cause it doesn't rain much here) but I have 7" fronts and 5" rears. Any sign of moisture and I'm painting modern art on the side of my rig. My windows better be closed cause the dash will be sprayed from the rear tires , side mirrors are covered and I can shoot ten foot roosters.

usachadseidel

Ran without for a year. No issues. I actually preferred that look and with the doors off its easier to see what your doing in tricky spots.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1365085083183.jpg
    1365085083183.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 45
Top Bottom