Rubicon Run July 13 2013!!!!!!!!

GasStationGuy

So far It looks like a few of us will be heading up from SoCal to run the Rubicon! Im just trying to see who else may be interested in running it with us!

GasStationGuy

That would be great. The trail can be completed in a day but I think we will stay one night camping then finish up and go from there.
Its the first time for most of us so it should be a blast!

silverbackjk

That would be great. The trail can be completed in a day but I think we will stay one night camping then finish up and go from there.
Its the first time for most of us so it should be a blast!

This is just what i was looking for. I was thinking one or two night max. Ill Keep an eye on this post.

GasStationGuy

I have a four day weekend that weekend so I need to know what type of schedule works best. I was thinking about trying to start the trail mid day friday then camp and go from there. Hows that sound?

SantaMonica

I'm new to this Jeep thing but would love to join in the trip. Just got a '13 Rubicon two months ago. Been wheeling (and buying upgrades) every weekend since. You can count me in for sure. If interested, anyone from Los Angeles can caravan with me too...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

GasStationGuy

Post for "for sure" or "maybe" so we can get an Idea of who's going. Also post if you will be leaving from and if you would like to convoy.Thanks!:rock:

Dave_g

Post for "for sure" or "maybe" so we can get an Idea of who's going. Also post if you will be leaving from and if you would like to convoy.Thanks!:rock:

I dropped my leave chit, Still a bit far out for them to approve it. And I will be down to convoy.

kimer82

man.. if i had time i would live to go.. since i am in canada.. about 18 hour drive..

i wont know until july for sure to see if i can make time for that.. but if i can i would love to tag along with you guys

i might be in for this trip.... what am i looking at as far as mods needed and min tire size?? i have never been and everyone tells me i need 35's or larger with lockers and i wont be able to do it without breaking with my dana 30? any advise will help... i have a 3.5" lift now with 33's plus a healthy dose of other mods.

GasStationGuy

Suggested mods to run the trail safely are 2.5 lift at least 33s and sliders. I know a guy that did it with a stock stock Rubicon but he took a little damage. All jeeps are welcome to join, we don't discriminate. :thumb: Im running a 2008 X with 3inch lift 35's and sliders. I've tackled some pretty rough and rocky trails with no problems so far so I don't think we will run into trouble.

2rescue01

i might be in for this trip.... what am i looking at as far as mods needed and min tire size?? i have never been and everyone tells me i need 35's or larger with lockers and i wont be able to do it without breaking with my dana 30? any advise will help... i have a 3.5" lift now with 33's plus a healthy dose of other mods.

I agree with the general statement that 35" tires are a better bet. With your setup with 33's and Dana 30's it is possible, but will be a challenge. Depending on your experience, you should expect to see more than your fair share of winch time! Last year a person in my group completed the run with no lockers on Dana 30's. He had a tougher time than most, but did better than some in a Rubicon package who had less experience. He also had no choice but to get winched out of at least two obstacles. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom