Storing hard top in shed

NOPULP13

hey guys I dont have a garage so I am thinking of storing my hard top in my shed my idea is to store it against a wall in the shed with the front two halves removed and setting it down with the top facing the wall and the back window facing the roof maybe putting some foam on both sides touching the ground where the top would meet the doors i hope I am explaining this correctly would this be ok??

ProtocolJK

Last summer I stored my hard top in a similar way, except I out foam blocks on the ground and had the window facing the ground and another block supporting it. I didn't have any issues doing it this way.

NOPULP13

do you have any pics of it by chance i just want to flip it didnt want all the weight on the rear glass and i figured this would be the least possible way to scratch the top up and i could put two i bolts into the shed wall and ratchet it so it wouldnt fall over

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Seems like it would be a lot of weight on two small points that would be touching the ground. I do not have any experience storing a hardtop though.

I have stored it laying flat (like it sits on the jeep) and also straight up on the open side opposite the window! I would not recommend resting it on the rear window. I had it sitting on the open end on a painters cloth for 6 months and it was perfectly fine!

ProtocolJK

I don't have a lot of experience from storing my top, so maybe someone with more experience will chime in but after researching several storage carts that's the way they all seem to store it.

ProtocolJK

I should also clarify mine wasn't directly on the window. I had it up on foam blocks and I had a smaller block just protecting the window from hitting the ground

Skid_Kid

I usually put mine on some 2X4's on the ground. But I am thinking of building this!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365012195.519515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Briguy114

If you are going to leave it for a while I would suggest that you try not to have it resting on any of the rubber weather stripping

NOPULP13

Well almost all the storage carts I see rest the back window nearest to the ground I want to know if I reverse it and store it with the back window facing the roof and open side down with no cart I don't need to wheel it around, gonn stay there for maybe 5-6 months just want the soft top for summer and hardtop for winter as its just me and the wife here I don't want to worry about putting the hard top on every time it rains so I bought the soft top to fix the problem

NOPULP13

I was looking at that build your own cart looks very simple I think I will try this on saturday and just build one

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I usually put mine on some 2X4's on the ground. But I am thinking of building this!

View attachment 22802

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I build basically the same thing but added a little bit different design so that it would fit in the space i wanted. but so far it has worked really well and it has been sitting for about 2 weeks.

Clark Griswold

hey guys I dont have a garage so I am thinking of storing my hard top in my shed my idea is to store it against a wall in the shed with the front two halves removed and setting it down with the top facing the wall and the back window facing the roof maybe putting some foam on both sides touching the ground where the top would meet the doors i hope I am explaining this correctly would this be ok??

I stored mine in my garage this exact same way last year and just set it up again this year with no issues whatsoever. The top has plenty of strength to stand this way.

Top Bottom