2.5 AEV with EVO Adventure Series Front Lower JK Control Arms

sacax

Hi!

Ok, new to the forum but quite old if you consider that i have read a lot of it :). Not from the US either so please be patient with me...

Want to upgrade my future JKUR (not even arrived and already modded :D)...

I think the EVO products are what I want but really I guess that will be a next step since I want to be sure of the type of needs I have when it comes to off roading... Currently own a KJ (of course lifted and off road prepared) and it seems not that satisfactory...

Now, in terms of pricing, AEV 2.5" lift might be what I want right now (approx 1k) but will it work with Adventure Series Front Lower JK Control Arms from EVO? I was thinking about this setup considering two things - not to many good reviews for the off road capability of the AEV drop brackets and maybe upgrading to EVO enforcer in one or two years from now and use the lower arms... Not sure about this possibility though...

Plan on running 35's max and 3" lift anyway since I have a kid and I want him to be able to get into the jeep fast in case bears appear in the forest (a lot of those this part of the world) :D

I was thinking about RK 2.5 max travel also but i think its very close to EVO enforcer price wise and i know i would go for the second one if i were to choose...

I would be great if you would think about a 2.5 kit log travel great both on and off road... After reading a lot and getting to know what you can do, i am pretty sure you could... :)

Thanks in advance!

sacax

Thank you all! just geve me a great news!
Just other questions (story of my life): we are talking about the 3" one? Because after opening this thread, I found that EVO was doing 2.5" also... just to be sure...

- for the 3" one is it mandatory to get the front drive shaft also (i'm getting the auto trans) or I can just wait a bit until the OE one breaks :D ? i'm basing my thinking and question on the fact that the coils will sag maybe 0.5 " with the front and rear bumper...

Sorry for being kind of a noob but... well everybody is at the beginning, rigt?

Thanks!

Atch

Thank you all! just geve me a great news!
Just other questions (story of my life): we are talking about the 3" one? Because after opening this thread, I found that EVO was doing 2.5" also... just to be sure...

- for the 3" one is it mandatory to get the front drive shaft also (i'm getting the auto trans) or I can just wait a bit until the OE one breaks :D ? i'm basing my thinking and question on the fact that the coils will sag maybe 0.5 " with the front and rear bumper...

Sorry for being kind of a noob but... well everybody is at the beginning, rigt?

Thanks!

Yes I'd say you should get a new front drive shaft because its and auto and the fact you're getting a new jk with the exhaust crossover

rtguy1

although i do recommend the evo kit over the aev kit, be prepared to spend more money. its about 1150 without shocks and you will need a front driveshaft. i wouldnt bother going to the aev kit if you are planning on "upgrading" to the enforcer. the price isnt that much different. start with the evo and go from there.:yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You don't need a new front shaft right away. With enough wheeling and flex you will hit the crossover and ruin the boot on your shaft but for everyday driving you will not hit it. You can get some exhaust spacers as well to help push the exhaust back a couple inches. You will need one eventually but you will not need it day of. Just be prepared to buy one in the future.

Rock-itman

Try the rancho mod

Look at this mod also , Part # RS720003 (Rancho) It's their exhaust mod for the 12+ . Very easy and only 59$

Attachments

• Rancho exhaust Mod.jpg
    Rancho exhaust Mod.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 153

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You don't need a new front shaft right away. With enough wheeling and flex you will hit the crossover and ruin the boot on your shaft but for everyday driving you will not hit it. You can get some exhaust spacers as well to help push the exhaust back a couple inches. You will need one eventually but you will not need it day of. Just be prepared to buy one in the future.

You will need either exhaust spacers or a new shaft. You will not be able to flex your jeep at all if you do nothing. The driveshaft will hang up on the exhaust limiting flex.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
although i do recommend the evo kit over the aev kit, be prepared to spend more money. its about 1150 without shocks and you will need a front driveshaft. i wouldnt bother going to the aev kit if you are planning on "upgrading" to the enforcer. the price isnt that much different. start with the evo and go from there.:yup:

You need to address the exhaust with the aev as well

rtguy1

You need to address the exhaust with the aev as well

This is not correct. There is no exhaust mod needed with the aev 2.5" kit. The shocks allow the driveshaft to come close but not touch. This is at the expense of a tad of down travel though. This is stated on their site and I can confirm since I ran the AEV 2.5" kit for almost a year. It works fine right out of the box. Disco'd is no issue. No driveshaft or exhaust mod needed. That's why I mentioned the evo kit would cost more in the beginning, but would be the better choice for the big picture. :thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This is not correct. There is no exhaust mod needed with the aev 2.5" kit. The shocks allow the driveshaft to come close but not touch. This is at the expense of a tad of down travel though. This is stated on their site and I can confirm since I ran the AEV 2.5" kit for almost a year. It works fine right out of the box. Disco'd is no issue. No driveshaft or exhaust mod needed. That's why I mentioned the evo kit would cost more in the beginning, but would be the better choice for the big picture. :thumb:
Tad down travel??
Well then you had no wheel travel at all. Other guys that run this kit (longer shocks I'm assuming)have needed exhaust spacers. I've seen this with my own eyes.

rtguy1

Tad down travel??
Well then you had no wheel travel at all. Other guys that run this kit (longer shocks I'm assuming)have needed exhaust spacers. I've seen this with my own eyes.

To be clear the exhaust spacers only give 3" of added down travel clearance which cannot be utilized fully unless an aftermarket shaft is used in conjunction. The stock shaft angle is maxed out well before this.

To be clear other guys aren't running this "kit" if they are using different shocks with longer extended lengths than the bilsteins supplied by aev. I'm sure you would agree. That's like saying I'm running an evo kit but only getting x amount of droop cuz I'm using rebels coilovers.

My statement still stands that the kit will work fine right out of the box with no need for a New shaft or exhaust spacers, but the enforcer is the better choice regardless of the extra expense:yup:

rtguy1

Ask any girl if they want an extra 3", they'll tell you it's a big deal

No point in arguing if u can't accept the facts. As I said, the factory driveshaft cannot utilize the full amount of added clearance provided by the exhaust spacers without binding and/or tearing the boot. 3" extra of droop is great, but requires a shaft. Optimum setup is enforcer plus new front shaft plus exhaust spacers.....but that is now above the original stated budget of the op.

Don't take it personal when you are proven wrong:bleh:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Lmao, I'm not disagreeing with you on the limitations of the stock shaft. You completely missed my point in the first place

And you do not need spacers in addition to the shaft

rtguy1

Lmao, I'm not disagreeing with you on the limitations of the stock shaft. You completely missed my point in the first place

And you do not need spacers in addition to the shaft

My evo coilover kit does.....and your point was that spacers were needed with the aev or a new shaft.....Which is not true. For the record I think we both agree on what the best setup is, just not on what works with the aev kit right outta the box. The op has the info needed to decide on what he feels is best for his needs. :drinks:

Top Bottom